Jump to content

KD Davis entered the portal


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

For me the difference is timing. Brammer said his goodbyes, put his name in the portal and gave the staff plenty of time (including spring practice) to find a replacement. Davis is being plucked when ‘22 recruiting is over and we have no chance to fill his slot before the season other than with backups in fall camp. These P5s and Davis did us dirty. I can’t fault the kid for making some $$$ but that May 1 deadline drive the price up for grad transfer talent and Davis was at the top of the linebacker heap. I have no doubt that Texas pulled Davis into the portal and it’d be sweet justice if the Aggies stole his services from Texas while they were trying to steal his talent from us.

The timing is like leaving the bride or groom standing at the altar.  He’s graduated and he’s given us his time, but seriously.  You’re going to transfer at the end of June?

 

  • Upvote 8
  • Puking Eagle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, NT93 said:

The timing is like leaving the bride or groom standing at the altar.  He’s graduated and he’s given us his time, but seriously.  You’re going to transfer at the end of June?

 

Yep. Gets all the preseason pub, states he’s all in and the all of sudden he’s gone. Reeks of tampering. Again, the NCAA doesn’t care. 
Kevin Spacey 90S GIF

  • Upvote 3
  • Pissed 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Yep. Gets all the preseason pub, states he’s all in and the all of sudden he’s gone. Reeks of tampering. Again, the NCAA doesn’t care. 
 

 Makes me think that all the offseason magz (Dave Campbells, etc) have to reevaluate their timelines to accommodate as much of these changes as possible.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

 Makes me think that all the offseason magz (Dave Campbells, etc) have to reevaluate their timelines to accommodate as much of these changes as possible.

Yeah.  I enjoyed this photo for about one day.5BE4656A-3697-4542-9730-1774E4ED99B7.thumb.jpeg.3493f3e96de039dbec4abdc21bf113f4.jpeg

  • Upvote 1
  • Pissed 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hearing he was at the Hilltop yesterday.  Sounds like they are interested but UT and A&M may have the inside edge.  Also I do not think he has yet graduated and would need a hardship waiver.  He could also be taking summer school and trying to gain eligibility by this season.

  • Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Yep. Gets all the preseason pub, states he’s all in and the all of sudden he’s gone. Reeks of tampering. Again, the NCAA doesn’t care. 
Kevin Spacey 90S GIF

He gets a bunch of pub, telling him his worth is high, then he decides to leave?  That is the opposite of tampering, that's either smart or hubris or somewhere in between. 

Smart programs have dedicated portal staff so they are in contact within the hour of portal declaration 

Edited by DentonStang
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, meangreen11 said:

Hearing he was at the Hilltop yesterday.  Sounds like they are interested but UT and A&M may have the inside edge.  Also I do not think he has yet graduated and would need a hardship waiver.  He could also be taking summer school and trying to gain eligibility by this season.

247 has a crystal ball for Ole Miss

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

Still can’t shake the disgust over this.  I get it from his point of view but selfishly as a LOYAL fan who gets so rarely rewarded for it, his legacy is entirely tarnished for me.  Hope that feels good for him. 

It’s deeply disheartening and so bad for the program.  I blame Littrell.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2022 at 1:31 PM, DentonStang said:

He gets a bunch of pub, telling him his worth is high, then he decides to leave?  That is the opposite of tampering, that's either smart or hubris or somewhere in between. 

Smart programs have dedicated portal staff so they are in contact within the hour of portal declaration 

$mells like $mut tampering again with $$$.....   Not that they have an illegal history of throwing $$ or cars at football players... 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2022 at 10:21 PM, greenminer said:

 Makes me think that all the offseason magz (Dave Campbells, etc) have to reevaluate their timelines to accommodate as much of these changes as possible.

Agree.  And if they don't reevaluate when they publish, it makes the magazine useless.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, NT80 said:

$mells like $mut tampering again with $$$.....   Not that they have an illegal history of throwing $$ or cars at football players... 

As much as I dislike SMU, I don't think it's them this time. I really do believe it is aTm. That's why Jimbo was so mad at Saban. Saban called him out with the truth and he didn't like that. Especially since they are all money whipping these kids.

  • Upvote 6
  • Puking Eagle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.