Predict the UNT/SMU Score

Matt from A700

If we are within 7 at half we can win, otherwise SMU will mind bogle us with speed and moves. Prescott Line and Matt Davis are far superior to any we can field at QB or running back. Play smart defense and keep it close and we can win. If we blow up early it will be a rout for SMU. I hope we are ready, but after seeing SMU I fear we are not prepared for what we are about to face. Speed and QB/RB play will be the difference unless our defense can suck it up big time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

27-24 UNT....if it's hot it plays into our favor.  Davis will continue to have trouble late in games w/ cramps and exhaustion.  You just can't run around like a mad man for an entire game.  There is a reason teams rotate running backs, particularly in the heat of September.  You cannot replace fluids fast enough and cramping will be an issue w/ that level of exertion.  

• Upvote 1

4-3 SMU. Each score a field goal but SMU wins in the final moments on a rouge point. Oh crap this isn't Canadian rules...

I'm going to sit this week out. I honestly have no clue how to gauge this teams upcoming performance. I'll be a regular prognosticator after game 1. 

Do my patented "Post Game Score Prediction"

• Upvote 5

SMU scores 21 again.

SMU takes a 21-17 lead into the 4th quarter.  UNT's running game wears down the defense and scores a TD with around 5 min left (Jeff Wilson w/2 TDs).  SMU marches downfield, stalls around their own 40 and fail on a 4th down conversion run by Davis (McClain w/the tackle).  UNT ends the game in victory formation.

UNT:24
SMU:21

keep in mind SMU couldn't put 9 in the box against Baylor like they will against the run run pass offense we will throw, strike that, run out there.

Agreed - SMU's game plan against us will be let their QB and passing game beat us.  They will load the box as does everyone we play.