DRC: Breaking news -- (updated) UNT schedules two-game series with Houston

Brett Vito

"The series will begin with a game at Apogee Stadium in 2019. The Mean Green will play at Houston in 2020."

GREAT news!! 2 for 2 against an instate opponent who will bring many fans to Apogee.  Kudos to Wren!

Helps out recruiting in Houston to play there a couple more times.  Really like this series and staying in Texas.  These are pretty easy road trips and we have a ton of alumni in h-town as well.

With Rice away this season, I assume they'll be here in 2018 & there in 2019.  So we'll have 2 away games in Houston that year.  Hopefully we have success on the gridiron that year so we can parlay it into success on the recruiting trail down there!

edit: upon further review, we'll have Houston @ Apogee in 2019, so nevermind.  Just win the game so we can parlay it into recruiting success.  If both Littrell & Applewhite are still around for it, it should be a fun, offensive game!

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 3

Wren Baker, as I posted weeks ago, if you replaced Army with UH, I will gladly proclaim your greatness for scheduling someone who will bring more people to Apogee than Army. I believe you have done this, with UH having the number of fans and alumni following their program right now and living near here. This is a very solid replacement.

Great job, Wren Baker!!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Is it the great move I hoped it would be? No. But is it as bad as I feared it would be? no again as Houston is likely to attract more fans than Army, and I think will be on a downward trajectory under Applewhite (just my personal oppinion).

That said, this still mean something has to happen with the 2021 schedule where we currently have 5 OOC games scheduled. I think the options are (in order of likelyhood)

-we will get rid of the army series altogether, which would open a slot in 2020

- We agree with army to move the game to 2022

-SMU has decided to not like that game or wants out for a year

- We are buying out or at least postponing the Missouri game (which would give us a 7 home game season in 2021)

Edited by outoftown

4 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

looks like some imbecile got a bit excited today

Keep your f'in politics OUT of a Twitter account that many recruits, their families and others assume is an actual UNT account. 

Can't tell if this is sarcasm....

If so then lol. That edit has been out there for a while

• Upvote 2