NT Season Tickets Update

MeanGreen01

Called the athletic dept on Friday and ordered 2 season tickets for section 106. The good news, it's the last two in that section that are seated next to each other. He couldn't tell me the exact number but did say they are nearly double from last year! Continue this trend and it's going to be an awesome atmosphere! He also indicated the SMU game is basically sold out, they are just developing some promotions to sell the wing section now.

Really looking forward to the 1st home game.

Edited by MeanGreen01
  • Upvote 4

It's real easy - you offer free hot dogs and drinks for all that sit in the wing. You give them a wristband and state you must be seated to

receive the dogs and drinks.

Or you offer local businesses a chance to get some free pub by having all their employees and families attending the game and sitting in the wing.

Another idea is you get a sponsor to give away a free Wingzone shirt or hat but you require them to get a voucher by being in their seats at the start of the game...

There are many ways to do this. The Wing is a unique situation and I feel like you can't just expect people to fill it up initially without some incentives...

I see a lot of people watching the games from the concourse behind sections 109, 110, 114 and 115. It is wide open and offers pretty good views.. they need to keep people from just standing there all game.. so if you offer an incentive to be in the Wing say by the end of the 2nd quarter or right before halftime you will get some of these people to move back up.

I suspect there are a fair amount of people buying wing seats and not sitting in them.

Might want to pick those tickets up early, might not be any available on game day.

This is the first time I've read this sentence and actually believed it regarding UNT football.

Could you imagine ticket scalpers crawling up and down Bonnie Brae and The Hill? Yowza!

• Upvote 3

Called the athletic dept on Friday and ordered 2 season tickets for section 106. The good news, it's the last two in that section that are seated next to each other. He couldn't tell me the exact number but did say they are nearly double from last year! Continue this trend and it's going to be an awesome atmosphere! He also indicated the SMU game is basically sold out, they are just developing some promotions to sell the wing section now.

Really looking forward to the 1st home game.

I would caution against taking anything told to you by someone merely answering phones and filling orders in the ticket office as gospel.

These are college kids that rarely have parking facts straight, much less a season ticket total or game total heavily protected by the AD.

Hope we sell it out, but not believing these statements for a second.

• Upvote 2

I say you give everyone there a free beer during the second and fourth quarter if they are of age and a hot dog or coke for the youngsters. That way they would be there for some of the most exciting parts of the game.

I don't know if this is a solution to the smu game, but it would be cool to see those seats become part of the atmosphere, like the most rowdy of fans sit there. Maybe one day being assigned a name like the wing tips or something. Then funny slogans could be attached to the crews as well like "we only play from the tips" or "just the tip". But I dream.