Best of luck to our C-USA brothers at La. Tech

Harry

La tech blitzed a lot. I liked the aggression. DE #84, 4 sacks. Ran a lot of nickel.

when watching the Conf champ game and la tech lost a few players due to grades, the announcers said, la tech would be playing lots of nickel because it allows them to put the best available talent on the field. Great coaching these last two games from latech.

Sokol was clearly a difference maker for this team. Cant imagine latech offense without him.

Rick, as much as you are loving the La Tech D-Linemen, the SEC is more about speed. 300lb'ers aren't going to be setting any land speed records.

Huh?

Anyways, I left at halftime to fire some lead down range with some family that was in town. Good to see Tech finished up strong.

BTW. Houston Bates, #94, 6'3" 250lb Defensive End, transferred to La Tech from Illinois after he graduated, ended up with 6 tackles, 5 1/2 for a loss, 4 1/2 sacks, would have been 5 1/5 if not for a penalty calling the play back,....WAS NAMED GAME MVP.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

La Tech blitzed a LOT! Bates is a beast at DE.

Nice crowd from Illinois, very vocal. Band was very good.

La Tech side was pretty packed from the south 10 yard line up to the north 30 yard line. Not near what we brought last year.

Congrats Bulldogs!

• Upvote 1

You make your own luck.

couldn't agree more...

I said it last year...we are not entitled to anything. Until we string 8 to 10 decent seasons together and upset a couple of schools along the way...then...maybe.

• Upvote 1

Typical North Texas luck. We got UNLV which was probably better than that Illini team but you get no street cred for beating. No fans either.

With all due respect HoustonEagle, no way UNLV was better than the Illini team.

And let me say that I was impressed with LaTech's physical size and the way the team played as a whole. Good game.

• Upvote 2

With all due respect HoustonEagle, no way UNLV was better than the Illini team.

And let me say that I was impressed with LaTech's physical size and the way the team played as a whole. Good game.

Yup, Illinois beat Penn St, who took Ohio St to double overtime and just beat Boston College in the Pinstripe Bowl.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Huh?

Anyways, I left at halftime to fire some lead down range with some family that was in town. Good to see Tech finished up strong.

BTW. Houston Bates, #94, 6'3" 250lb Defensive End, transferred to La Tech from Illinois after he graduated, ended up with 6 tackles, 5 1/2 for a loss, 4 1/2 sacks, would have been 5 1/5 if not for a penalty calling the play back,....WAS NAMED GAME MVP.

Rick

North Texas has had people transfer from other programs after they earned their degree. It's allowed by the NCAA when the degree isn't offered at their current school. I guess LA. Tech had the degree he wanted while Illinois did not.