Please don't hate me

untlynchka1

Guys, I don't want a bunch of negatives for this post, but we are not going to beat UT.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we can't pull the upset. I also see that this is the best case scenario with all the ut players out, but I really wish this had happened last year.

Guys, despite all the suspensions, coach change, hope, etcetera. They still have a senior qb, the number 1 rb in the nation, and all 4/5 star recruits. We should compete, but we won't win as much as id love to. We just aren't there yet.

Please don't hate me. I still love this team, and the future of it.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 24

Guys, I don't want a bunch of negatives for this post, but we are not going to beat UT.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we can't pull the upset. I also see that this is the best case scenario with all the ut players out, but I really wish this had happened last year.

Guys, despite all the suspensions, coach change, hope, etcetera. They still have a senior qb, the number 1 rb in the nation, and all 4/5 star recruits. We should compete, but we won't win as much as id love to. We just aren't there yet.

Masochist.
  • Upvote 3

tumblr_m356hcvCGF1rqzdlzo1_250.gif

• Upvote 2

Houston defeated the Colts and Manning a few years ago with less than 50 yds. offence.... and I saw a HS playoff game where the winning team had NO earned first downs going into the 4th quarter (one by penalty)... they led 14-0 and won 14-0 .. [ scored on punt return and a 4 yd "drive" after a fumble]. Even Yesterday the Cowboys were behind 14-0 and the Raven had made zero offensive yards. and years ago I remember I Philly losing to Dallas 21-0 after about 5 min.. and had zero yards and had never made it to 2nd down. [ Dallas drove and scored at beginning, 7-0 , Philly fumbled kickoff 14-0, then then fumbled on first down hand-off after a kickoff... 21-0 ]

Weird things happen ... never say it is impossible ... even it it looks improbable. .

• Upvote 2

Houston defeated the Colts and Manning a few years ago with less than 50 yds. offence.... and I saw a HS playoff game where the winning team had NO earned first downs going into the 4th quarter (one by penalty)... they led 14-0 and won 14-0 .. [ scored on punt return and a 4 yd "drive" after a fumble]. Even Yesterday the Cowboys were behind 14-0 and the Raven had made zero offensive yards. and years ago I remember I Philly losing to Dallas 21-0 after about 5 min.. and had zero yards and had never made it to 2nd down. [ Dallas drove and scored at beginning, 7-0 , Philly fumbled kickoff 14-0, then then fumbled on first down hand-off after a kickoff... 21-0 ]

Weird things happen ... never say it is impossible ... even it it looks improbable. .

These scenarios are now possible with NT because we have coach Mac here. Can you imagine any of those low scoring outcomes when a certain offense only-minded coach was here?

PLUS Coach Mac always (metaphorically speaking) has his "I didn't come here to lose" t-shirt on under his regular coaching shirt. We haven't had that attitude (also at no extra charge) since the days of Corkey Nelson.

Could not have said it better! Realism is tough. To UT this is a preseason scrimmage and nothing more. Best we can hope is to compete, no injuries, and the $900K check clears. Then go home and prepare to start the season in a MUST WIN OVER SMU!! If we lose to the 'Stangs the season will not be a success no matter what else happens.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9

Could not have said it better! Realism is tough. To UT this is a preseason scrimmage and nothing more. Best we can hope is to compete, no injuries, and the $900K check clears. Then go home and prepare to start the season in a MUST WIN OVER SMU!! If we lose to the 'Stangs the season will not be a success no matter what else happens.

I'm glad you're not our coach. If there is one thing this team showed us last year, it's that you play to win. The Georgia game last year is a great example. I expect the same mentality from this years team.

• Upvote 7

Back in 2005, TCU beat Oklahoma in Norman to open the season 17-10. That OU team had just lost its second straight national championship bowl game, but still had Adrian Peterson. They went on to have a fine year. But TCU had a phenomenal year, going 11-1 and finishing in the Top Ten. They beat Iowa State (coached by Dan McCarney) in their bowl game. Ironically, TCU's only loss was the game after they beat OU in Norman--a 21-10 loss against SMU in Dallas.

Something tells me that TCU fans and players never felt that a loss to SMU, who still finished with a losing record (again), ruined their season. I want to beat their ass, too, but I suspect that if we lost to them, that the season will not be a success no matter what else happens.

• Upvote 4

Are you a natural born pinata?

• Upvote 4