Attendance estimates for Troy Game ?

MeanGreen61

If we hit 20k that's a victory, so WHEN we beat the Trojans, Owls and Cougars in succession, it will have excitement at an all-time high for the Tuesday night ESPN2 game

On the Tuesday ESPN2 game, there's actually a committee directly under Dr With (VP of Student Affairs) that's working to max out attendance for that game.

On this Saturday, I think 23-24k is likely. What really has bummed me the most over the TSU game was how thin the "old folks" side was. That, and then my wife and I being all lonely in the Wings.

Come join our Wing party!!!

• Upvote 1

I am going to say 25K --- I think that everyone who came to TSU will come back and we will add an additional 3-4K due to family weekend and a good vibe from the team performance in the K-State loss. I think this will be a GREAT weekend for North Texas! GMG!

I'll say whatever we had for the last game - 1500. Season tickets sales appear to have plummeted from last season, just judging by the alumni side's showing against TSU. Troy won't bring 1/5 the number of fans that TSU brought and we'll lose some of the great student turnout, though Parent's weekend will help keep it close.

10 cls

20 let attendance = tixsold + buttsinseats

30 if attendance < 30000 then print " Students don't care and Rick isn't working hard enough!" else print " Why didn't the AD have the foresight to build the stadium with a larger capacity? Pathetic!"

40 home

50 goto 10

25 if school=SMU

26 let attendance=1 million

27 end if

10 cls

20 let attendance = tixsold + buttsinseats

30 if attendance < 30000 then print " Students don't care and Rick isn't working hard enough!" else print " Why didn't the AD have the foresight to build the stadium with a larger capacity? Pathetic!"

40 home

50 goto 10

I'M INSANE NOW THANKS TO THIS POST.

Troy won't bring 1/5 the number of fans that TSU brought

How many fans did TSU bring? 500, tops? I don't think the difference will be enough to impact attendance hugely.

. . . we'll lose some of the great student turnout . . .

Why? It seems that most folks here think student turnout will increase for this game.