Breaking news -- UNT lands QB Brock Berglund

Brett Vito

I'm assuming he has to sit this year and will be eligible next fall?

A really crazy way to get here. Pretty sure we offerred and he wanted to keep his options open by going to CC. MAybe he wasn't assured of a starting job in CC so he chose late enrollment?

Either way, happy to have him, and the impact that his joining the Mean Green could have on this recruiting class.

I would assume some of the bigger programs recruited him as an athlete with an eye to a position change?

Edited by UNT90

Either way, happy to have him, and the impact that his joining the Mean Green could have on this recruiting class.

This is why this excites me. I've always thought that if you get one or two really solid guys to buy-in, it makes it easier to bring in several more because you can sell the "be a part of something special" bit and have something to point to as proof. I don't know whether or not this guy is that piece, but it sounds good, and for that, my Mean Green pants are a little tighter today.

I'm assuming he has to sit this year and will be eligible next fall?

A really crazy way to get here. Pretty sure we offerred and he wanted to keep his options open by going to CC. MAybe he wasn't assured of a starting job in CC so he chose late enrollment?

I would assume some of the bigger programs recruited him as an athlete with an eye to a position change?

Pure speculation, but if he wanted to enroll here (or any other D1) in the spring, he had to have a lot of credit hours this fall to do so. Maybe more than possible. So maybe he thought sitting was better than playing one semester at JUCO?

This theory is based on having read in another post that he was carrying 25 hours from KU.

Edited by cwb
  • Upvote 1

Pure speculation, but if he wanted to enroll here (or any other D1) in the spring, he had to have a lot of credit hours this fall to do so. Maybe more than possible. So maybe he thought sitting was better than playing one semester at JUCO?

Just seems like a weird, way late decision, that's all.

• Upvote 1