What Is Your Favorite Beer?

UNTLifer

Before I could write this (after reading previous posts) I had to open a Shiner Black Lager. I like all of the Shiner brews, even their light. I used to go straight Shiner Bock but now I have taken to buying the Family Reunion 12-pack regularly. I recommend it...but when tailgating gets here it will be back to Shiner Bock in a can as my weapon of choice.

When I can get it: Yuengling Lager

Oldest Brewery in America...damn good beer and at least for us Yanks it is one of the cheapest. If you're planning a trip to NYC for the Army game (or any other time, I suppose) you're more than likely find Yuengling on tap and it should be one of the cheapest pints/pitchers.

And to avoid looking like a tourist, its pronounced ying-ling.

Oldest Brewery in America...damn good beer and at least for us Yanks it is one of the cheapest. If you're planning a trip to NYC for the Army game (or any other time, I suppose) you're more than likely find Yuengling on tap and it should be one of the cheapest pints/pitchers.

And to avoid looking like a tourist, its pronounced ying-ling.

Great beer. The have the oldest brewery in American in Pennsylvania, but also took over the closed Budweiser/Strohs brewery in Tampa or St Pete and build a beautiful new brewery somewhere in upstate New York. When last I heard, the closest it was available with Tennessee.

Everyday beer: MGD64, I know I know, has almost no alcohol but I've switched to it since I'm trying to get my girlish figure back after two kids. LOL

Special Occasion or going out beer:

DosXX Lager

Yuengling Lager or Lager Light

Anchor Steam Summer Ale (seasonal)

Rahr Ugly Pug

Leinenkugels (sp?) Summer Shandy (seasonal)

edited my post when I saw someone else mention Anchor Steam and realized that I had said Steamboat brewery. Anchor steam, steamboat...all the same thing to me. :)

Edited by mrsgreengoblin

Gotta stay in the Lone Star State... "SHINER BOCK". My relatives even from Minnesota take cases home each time they visit! Case closed on this one...

Then you should know about my favorite beer, Summit Pale Ale.

Far and away the best beer I have ever had, but very hard to find down here. Boulevard makes some very good beers and you can't go wrong with a Shiner (any of them).

Then you should know about my favorite beer, Summit Pale Ale.

Far and away the best beer I have ever had, but very hard to find down here. Boulevard makes some very good beers and you can't go wrong with a Shiner (any of them).

I used to say this confidently, then Smokehouse happened.

Smithwicks

Yuengling Lager

Shiner Bock

Rahr (almost any variety)

and the original Bud which I had in Prague on a beer tour last summer!

By the way....Mike's Hard Lemonade ain't no beer! Good it may be, but it's no beer!

Smokehouse?

Apologies, it's "Smokehaus"

/makes wanking motion and spits out that terrible, terrible, mouth-scarring beer, then yells angrily: YOU ARE NOT GOOD WITH BBQ! You are only good at cluttering the beer section and reducing the availability of good types of Shiner.

Apologies, it's "Smokehaus"

/makes wanking motion and spits out that terrible, terrible, mouth-scarring beer, then yells angrily: YOU ARE NOT GOOD WITH BBQ! You are only good at cluttering the beer section and reducing the availability of good types of Shiner.

I must have missed that particular version of Shiner. Now I am happy that I didn't have to suffer a bad bottle.