Gmg.com Bowl

KRAM1

OK, question...is it time to start working on the annual GMG.Com Bowl game???? I would be happy to help as was the case last year. Would be happy to work on the design, delivery, etc. of the t-shirts as well. Or, wherever needed. I would also volunteer to be the "referee" if no one else was more qualified...I would even bring a watch and a whistle...But I would be wearing my SOCCER referee gear! laugh.gif For some reason, I think that would be most appropriate for the GMG.com Bowl. I "volunteer" for this thankless job only because I know last year there was a "challenge" in that area...our volunteer did a great job, but I got the feeling that he would rather be playing. If wrong...so sorry.

Anyway, it was a great afternoon of fun...and liquid refreshments and food after the event...

Anyone? What say you???? With Spring ball upon us, it seems appropriate to be thinking about a GMG.com bowl.

OK, at this point there are about 11 "let's do its", so I think we should move forward. We definitely need more participants (which I am sure we can get) and we need a date.

How about Saturday April 10th (one day before the Spring game) or Sunday April 18th (OK, I'm already spoken for on the 17th)...or Saturday April 24th?

If we can nail down a date (or two) I will check with RV to see if we can get the stadium open, etc. Then start all the other stuff like T_shirts...what to charge, etc.

We also need team captains...who is up for that? You will have to draft players you know....we had capable captains last year...want to repeat????

Perhaps this can best be done through PM's or even "real" email and phone, but wanted to "gauge" interest before really moving ahead. And, hey...I am not trying to pull a coup and become "headmaster" here...I just want to volunteer to get things moving. If the "real" "owners" of this event want to take over...I'm good for the volunteer stuff...believe me!

It's just a great time and there are a few $$$ raised for a good scholarship...I also assume participants would like to continue with that focus as well.

So...Let me know if:

1) You want to Play?

2) You have a date in mind that you would prefer?

3) You want to volunteer?

4) You want to be a captain?

5) you want to assume "control" over this rabble.

Is the the photo about 3 years ago?

I thought it was 3 years ago too but I thought last years was bowl #5. I played in last years and I'm in the photo below so I guess I played in #4 as well.

Regardless, I still can't remember who team captains were for white team last year. I'm really bad with names.

OK, so are we going to try to do this or not? To date we have 14 folks saying they will play (depending upon the day and time, of course). Is that enough? I think there are more players in GMG.com land that would play...if so, I sort of need to know in order to get going on the t-shirts, field arrangements, etc., etc.

How much did we charge for the T-shirts (which included a scholarship donation) last year? I would like to keep it at the same level this year, but do not recall.

Also...I need t-shirt sizes, volunteers for coaching, referee, game day sign-up help volunteers, etc.

Could be a great day, but at this time, not much enthusiasm for setting the game up. I KNOW you are "out there"...PM me or note it here and let's see if we can't get this on.

Stebo...are you down for being one of the coaches?????

Any other "volunteers" out there who would like to help make this another great and memorable GMG.com Bowl?????

I bet if we could get a date set regardless of all the other stuff you will have more firm YES/NO answers. I know that is the case for me. I need a date and time before I can commit 100%.

What she said on needing a preliminary date before commiting.