Dunham's Son Headed To Unt

Brett Vito

cool news. It was fun to hear Jub talk about how it felt to watch his son play this season last week. I think it's about to get much more intense. I really hope they are adding some drops to the soundboard for when he gets in the game.

Now, someone go tell Craig Miller that even his little swimmers STILL aren't welcome here.

George talked about his son and the team the last few days. I am excited about this....and remember Blake is still growing. I predict a major star before he is through. Jub Jub Jr----Welcome Home!

I would believe one major reason he is (and I presume he is on a ship) is that NT needed a replacement for a long snapper as our current one graduates this year. If he can contribute as a LB that is even better.

UNT has an excellent deep snapper in Troy Kokjohn. Troy should enter the 2010 season as UNT's #1 deep snapper. He's excellent at it, has proven his ability in games this season and last. He's a walk-on who has worked his rear off...as do all walk-ons...to try to help the team and earn a scholarship. Troy also deserves to be placed on scholarship...in my opinion that is...

Welcome to young Mr. Dunham. Any idea who else may have offered him scholarships? I have not seen any mention of other offers. I'm thinking the kid was pretty much a "lock" to commit to UNT given George's long-time never ending support of UNT.

Should make for some "interesting" broadcasting.....

UNT has an excellent deep snapper in Troy Kokjohn. Troy should enter the 2010 season as UNT's #1 deep snapper. He's excellent at it, has proven his ability in games this season and last. He's a walk-on who has worked his rear off...as do all walk-ons...to try to help the team and earn a scholarship. Troy also deserves to be placed on scholarship...in my opinion that is...

Welcome to young Mr. Dunham. Any idea who else may have offered him scholarships? I have not seen any mention of other offers. I'm thinking the kid was pretty much a "lock" to commit to UNT given George's long-time never ending support of UNT.

Should make for some "interesting" broadcasting.....

Just as far as the deep snaps go, I don't remember any problems during the latter part of the season. There is something that he is part of that needs improvement, which is blocking for the kicker or punter after the ball is snapped. That is, assuming that the snapper has a role in this in our kicking game (I say that due to having read some of a book called "The Deep Snapper", in which a candidate (and eventual player) for that position in a NE England Patriots Super Bowl run, was told what would be expected of him. I don't recall blocking after the snap being mentioned, but it was specifically stated before his tryout that coverage would not be one of his responsibilities.

And, let me be specific, I'm not saying Kokjohn has been remiss in any blocking duties (since several guys are supposed to be protecting our kickers/punters), and it may be as much the coaching as the players on this, but opposing players have just been getting to our kickers and punters much too easily for at least the last 2 years.

“It’s really a dream come true just because I’ve always been a North Texas fan growing up,” the Argyle senior said. “It took a lot of hard work and the coaches pushed me to put on more weight and get faster and work hard in off-season. They thought I had that potential. It’s really just a dream come true to get that opportunity to go play for North Texas.”

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/....363591f67.html

cool news. It was fun to hear Jub talk about how it felt to watch his son play this season last week. I think it's about to get much more intense. I really hope they are adding some drops to the soundboard for when he gets in the game.

Now, someone go tell Craig Miller that even his little swimmers STILL aren't welcome here.

Gagree. Same said for Craig Way.

The more I think about it, there was a recruit that sat to the left of me in the middle of Section E right behind the Eagle Angels all season. When he passed me after the last game, we got into a conversation in which he told me he was playing here next year. He had confidence and was eager to step on the field for NT. As I recall, it may have been Jub Jub Jr. Hearing how good he sounds and talking to him and seeing his confidence and eagerness to play, I think we have a good one here :)

Just thinking out loud, what would the radio call sound like if Dunham junior was inserted into the last game of his redshirt season with 2 mins to play?

I am so tired of reading this kind of stuff.

What would you have Dodge do, forfiet.

So, according to you, Dodge should tell the rest of his team "I'm sorry, but we will have to forfiet the remainder of the ballgame. Our starting QB and his backup are both out for the rest of the game. Defense, I know you just got a big stop. I know you are still playing hard at the end of a long season. I know you have battled back into a game you were waaay behind in. Sorry guys, but we really should just surrender."

Instead, he is forced to burn a redshirt. The kid takes the team down the field, we score, and we are attempting an onside kick with a chance to win.

If you had been there, and seen they way those kids fought back...well, since I'm pretty sure you were not there... and since you don't have to consider that on the pee wee team you coach...how about you just give it a break.

Edited by UNT86
  • Downvote 1