Texas State Hiring Chad Morris

jtm0097

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

TX State kinda needs a QB...   and we have one "Committed" here (re: not actually enrolled) who happens to share blood with this man.

Not necessarily a "The sky is falling!" level of concern, but something to keep an eye on.

The timing of it all has to make you wonder if this isn't the very reason they hired Chad.

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

The timing of it all has to make you wonder if this isn't the very reason they hired Chad.

Yep and it also explains why the Liberty transfer QB decided to come here.  He probably knew the Morris hire was pending and he was going to get the starting nod.

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

GJ Kinne doesn't have character or credibility.

Character:

Investigated by the UIL for his recruitment to Gilmer.

Recruited a sexual predator to be his QB.

Wasn't transparent with his starting QB about the above situation.

Credibility:

He won at Incarnate Word with the players Morris recruited. He then went to Texas State and followed a similar model. GJ brought over a few Morris players from Incarnate Word. 

I give him credit for getting the most out of the Texas State roster last year. However, he's not the most ethical guy. His dad was not the most well liked guy in the HS ranks either.

We will see how this plays out.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 hour ago, jtm0097 said:

GJ Kinne doesn't have character or credibility.

Character:

Investigated by the UIL for his recruitment to Gilmer.

Recruited a sexual predator to be his QB.

Wasn't transparent with his starting QB about the above situation.

Credibility:

He won at Incarnate Word with the players Morris recruited. He then went to Texas State and followed a similar model. GJ brought over a few Morris players from Incarnate Word. 

I give him credit for getting the most out of the Texas State roster last year. However, he's not the most ethical guy. His dad was not the most well liked guy in the HS ranks either.

We will see how this plays out.

Exactly and his motive behind this hire was to steal Chandler from us, period. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

33 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

are we that excited about Chandler Morris?

an oft-injured/oft-replaced QB?

If we get 6 games out of him, I'll be happy. It will give others time to learn the playbook and get experience. Better than the alternative which is throwing a green QB out there day 1 and hoping for the best.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, golfingomez said:

are we that excited about Chandler Morris?

an oft-injured/oft-replaced QB?

WAAAY too early to start poo-pooing him.

In EMorris’ offense, yeah, we’re excited about him.

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Exactly and his motive behind this hire was to steal Chandler from us, period. 

The only reason for hiring Chad Morris to be WRs/PGC is for Chandler?   Nah.  NT would have been wise to pick him up in some capacity, IMO.  He was OC at Clemson during their come-up & has HC experience. He has a brilliant offensive mind, similar to their current HC.  Why wouldn't Kinne want him?  
That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened.  Hope Chandler sticks with us!

• Upvote 5

What has Chad done since his OC gig at Clemson?  Pretty good at Tulsa prior to Clemson, then fair at smut, failure at Arkansas, not good at Auburn, back to high school and then an analyst for USF and Clemson this past year when they were fair. This is purely a hire to get Chandler after he ran off one QB and another left due to assault allegations. Kinne was desperate to get a QB, Morris hasn’t signed with us yet, so hire his Dad and give him a chance to play under him. Watch and see. 

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

4 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

I hope he plays for us, but I would have a hard time blaming him for wanting to play for his dad. 

FWIW:  I see him playing for us next season

He needs to be his own man, and away from dad's umbrella.

• Oh Boy! 1

This could very well be TxSt trying to pry Chandler Morris from UNT, but Kinne and Chad Morris go wayyyy back, so it could just be the 2 reconnecting on their own.

Chandler Morris could have very well picked TxSt instead of UNT, as it’s clear that the Bobcats were looking for another QB with de Laura committing (and now withdrawing). He chose UNT, so let’s have some positivity that he’s a man of his word 

• Upvote 3

On 1/26/2024 at 2:49 PM, Jonnyeagle said:

Yep and it also explains why the Liberty transfer QB decided to come here.  He probably knew the Morris hire was pending and he was going to get the starting nod.

Also Liberty's last year starting QB dropped out of the portal and is returning. However I think the transfer QB enrolled at UNT before last year's starter decided to return to Liberty.

On 1/28/2024 at 1:34 AM, GrandGreen said:

Some of you make me wonder.

He has two options (really he has many more).

One, to honor his commitment and play for NT.

Two, to go play for his dad.

IMO, I don't think anyone can find fault with either decision. 

Heck, do you think Riley Dodge regrets backing out of playing WR at Texas to play for his dad here? (God those were awful days) 

• Downvote 1