Army is In

MCMLXXX

36 minutes ago, Greenrex said:

This is such good news. Mike Aresco is the best commissioner in the business.  Air Force Academy AAC membership is on my docket.

I like this idea, but they would definitely need a travel partner, and with Colorado moving back to the Big12, I wonder if COSt would like to come this way as well?

• Upvote 4

Army set to join AAC for football, sources say; Navy game intact

A source told ESPN's Heather Dinich that the Black Knights and Midshipmen will not face other in an AAC regular-season conference game and that the rivalry would continue as a nonconference matchup. In a scenario in which Army and Navy finish in the top two in the conference standings, matching them up in the league's title game, they would play each other in back-to-back weeks -- first for the AAC title, and then in the rivalry game the following week, the source said.

Army and Navy both play in the Patriot League in sports other than football.

A traditional matchup with Air Force in early November will stay part of Army's football schedule, the source said.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38741191/army-set-join-aac-football-sources-say-navy-game-intact

If (hopefully) Army simply inherits SMU's conference schedule for 2024, both Army AND Navy will be coming to DATCU next year.  Our home schedule would be SFA, Wyoming, Tulsa, Tulane, Army and Navy.

I'm in.  Hopefully Jared can keep us out of the &%$)^%$ Breakfast Home Games or at least limit them to one.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 3

52 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I like this idea, but they would definitely need a travel partner, and with Colorado moving back to the Big12, I wonder if COSt would like to come this way as well?

Merging more teams with the MWC is the move I hope. There are very few teams out east that would be attractive to join the AAC. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

3 hours ago, Old Denton said:

If (hopefully) Army simply inherits SMU's conference schedule for 2024, both Army AND Navy will be coming to DATCU next year.  Our home schedule would be SFA, Wyoming, Tulsa, Tulane, Army and Navy.

I'm in.  Hopefully Jared can keep us out of the &%$)^%$ Breakfast Home Games or at least limit them to one.

Conference schedule next year per the scheduling model released from November 2022 had:

Home: SMU, Rice, South Florida, Charlotte

Away: UTSA, UAB, Florida Atlantic, East Carolina

Imagine Army might be slotted in to play SMU's conference schedule next year as SMU wasn't scheduled to play Navy.

https://theamerican.org/news/2022/11/9/american-announces-football-scheduling-model-for-2023-26-seasons.aspx

• Upvote 1