New Helmet Logo

UNTfan915

2 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Maybe it could be better, but it is absolutely the best we've ever had. 

No, this was the best Eagle mascot we ever had.  He could really dance too! 

I remember when we went to play UH at the Astrodome in 1980 and our Eagle went over to visit the UH "real cougar" Shasta before the game on the sidelines.  Wow, did that cougar want our bird!  You've seen how cats get that look of attack-mode before they pounce.  It was all they could do to hold him back on the leash, lol.

North Texas Mascot, 1979] - The Portal to Texas History

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, tmjerm said:

image.png.6fe0df1f5b006a470b63122299e44340.png

They've been selling some cool stuff with this logo

https://untstadiumstore.textbooktech.com/search?type=default&q=strut

Also - the Homefield stuff has it on several items too

https://untstadiumstore.textbooktech.com/search?type=default&q=homefield

So, we turned Scrappy/Eppy in to a strutting, bad-ass Eagle?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I was always fond of this Scrappy

Scrappy - Denton - LocalWiki

Nov. 16, 2010 - Denton, Texas, United States of America - UNT mascot Scrappy  during game action as the Texas Tech Red Raiders fall to the North Texas  Eagles 92-83 OT at

When my daughter was little, she loved to see that Scrappy.  She wanted to go to games just to see Scrappy.  She had a little stuffed Scrappy--it looked just like the one above--that she carried to games with her.

Then the new Scrappy came, and it freaked her out.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, ADLER said:

I believe that was the only time that we didn't use either a common mascot costume or a homemade costume. That costume was designed and made to matcch our logos by a company that made costumes for Disney.

Our current Scrappy is a generic costume https://www.joymascot.com/green-university-eagle-mascot-costume-8250

For some reason I did not know this but this is horrible. I dislike the current costume. The fact it's some generic BS you can buy for a few hundred bucks makes it even worst.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

When my daughter was little, she loved to see that Scrappy.  She wanted to go to games just to see Scrappy.  She had a little stuffed Scrappy--it looked just like the one above--that she carried to games with her.

Then the new Scrappy came, and it freaked her out.

Same thing with my youngest son.  He's now almost 18 so Levy doesn't freak him out, but he always says the old one was better.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

For some reason I did not know this but this is horrible. I dislike the current costume. The fact it's some generic BS you can buy for a few hundred bucks makes it even worst.

The fact that it only costs $420 almost makes me wish I had bought a couple of them to wear to games

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Plus, that is the most un-Eppy looking Eagle I've ever seen.  THIS is what the hippy-dippy committee that changed the mascot name had in mind. THIS is Eppy.

image.jpeg.880058d6dd36b6ac7f817719499b5251.jpeg

Eppy was... "effy"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, golfingomez said:

The fact that it only costs $420 almost makes me wish I had bought a couple of them to wear to games

It would be great if a bunch of fans bought them and wore them to games. Would definitely catch the TV camera’s attention. Might also shame the AD into upgrading Scrappy. 

• Upvote 3