DRC: Prediction -- UNT will rise to the occasion, knock off UTSA in battle of C-USA unbeatens

Brett Vito

36 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

"North Texas has a habit of coming out of nowhere with a great performance when one least expects it to pull off a upset."

Huh? What program has Vito been watching the last few years? 

I was gonna say, besides UTSA last year, what other surprising win has Littrell earned in his tenure? Maybe the first Army game?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Bennett is going to need to scheme up a TON of pressure on Harris so he has to get rid of the ball quickly & doesn't have time to hit those receivers deep.   And with their banged up offensive line, we just need some dudes to step up and take advantage.

If the defense can frustrate Harris with pressure, and if Aune protects the ball, NT will keep this game very close, if not win.  It will look like the Memphis game (sans the pick 6's).  Close, back & forth game.
Heck, Why not:
UNT: 33
UTSA: 31

If we can't get that pressure keeping UTSA from torching our secondary, and/or if Aune can't protect the ball, NT is going to be in for a long day because we won't be able to run the ball a lot if we're trying to play catch-up.   It will look like the UNLV game.
UTSA: 45
UNT: 28

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, LitMedallion said:

I gotta admit that you guys throwing shade at his prediction has me dying over here. 

It's a tradition.  If he predicts a win, we all blame him for cursing us.  If he predicts a loss, we all celebrate.

• Upvote 5
  • Pissed 1

Im

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Bennett is going to need to scheme up a TON of pressure on Harris so he has to get rid of the ball quickly & doesn't have time to hit those receivers deep.   And with their banged up offensive line, we just need some dudes to step up and take advantage.

If the defense can frustrate Harris with pressure, and if Aune protects the ball, NT will keep this game very close, if not win.  It will look like the Memphis game (sans the pick 6's).  Close, back & forth game.
Heck, Why not:
UNT: 33
UTSA: 31

If we can't get that pressure keeping UTSA from torching our secondary, and/or if Aune can't protect the ball, NT is going to be in for a long day because we won't be able to run the ball a lot if we're trying to play catch-up.   It will look like the UNLV game.
UTSA: 45
UNT: 28

This is what I think is going to happen, too.

On Offense:  Run the ball and give Aune select opportunities, but must protect the ball.

On defense:  Pressure Harris and/or Spy on him. Secondary has to make the tackle on first contact. 

I’m looking forward to the game. Wish I could make to SA. GMG!

• Upvote 3

UTSA’s home field advantage could mean quite a bit for this game. Hope the team in green can overcome that with the most pro-active offense of this 2022 football season. 

35,000-40,000 in the AlamoDome could  be worth a bunch of RR points on the scoreboard. Go ahead—cut all the KFC jokes you want, but do you know how organized your athletic dept. staff has to be to get 35,000 fans to a game & for a 10 year old football program?  

Game results?  Depends on which Mean Green football team shows up this Saturday afternoon.  

▶️ Prediction: They could really kick our ass; then again—we could really kick theirs.  

▶️▶️ It will be a tie game after the maximum number of overtimes.
🤬%#%€#🤬%#~>\ 🤬—   
NOW LET US PRAY! 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

Im

This is what I think is going to happen, too.

On Offense:  Run the ball and give Aune select opportunities, but must protect the ball.

On defense:  Pressure Harris and/or Spy on him. Secondary has to make the tackle on first contact. 

I’m looking forward to the game. Wish I could make to SA. GMG!

If Harris gets time it could be a long day. With their banged up line there is no reason not to assign a spy on him.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

7 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

If Harris gets time it could be a long day. With their banged up line there is no reason not to assign a spy on him.

Agree. If we can’t pressure him, I believe our chances of winning decrease dramatically. I hope our dline is able to rotate/stay fresh and get after it. We’ll see. 

• Upvote 3