North Texas requiring masks again

• Jonnyeagle changed the title to North Texas requiring masks again
7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

F’ing stupid.  Before this gets locked, let’s understand that we don’t have a vaccine. We have an injectable therapeutic. We also don’t have a test for the Delta variant.  So tired of this B.S.  

The dumbest statement ever posted in the history of gomeangreen. This is a UNT sporting site. STAY HOME!

• Upvote 11
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 8

17 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Why, because it doesn’t align with your personal opinion?  I am assuming you are a fan of Fauci, the man that said masks are worthless, wear masks, wear two masks, etc...  

You are correct that this is a UNT sporting site. I was replying to a post on this site. Typical, silence those you disagree with just like many doctors that disagreed with with “approve” message. 

Is there a test for the Delta variant?  

Go to Facebook and spew all you want!

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Upvote 7
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 3

35 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

Guess Abbott isn't really the Governor of the State of Texas...just ignore him I guess.

Denton ISD is the first to have the city “mandate” it (they aren’t even enforcing, I don’t know why they would even mandate it) but not enforce it at schools. They said because the district goes way out of the city limits, but they’re not wanting any penalty because Abbott haha

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

8 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

oh I did not know the event was all outdoors.   I thought I saw something about the Hub being used which I think is indoors and the tour of the indoor practice facility through me off.  If a mask Is required I just think I will pass on the event.     I just think it is strange you have to wear a mask but when you sit down to eat and drink they can come off.  

I do a mask btw and have been vaccinated.   I just don't think the events are much fun in masks.  It makes it hard to to talk to others.   I am not telling anyone not to go but it just I am not going because it just not the same wearing masks.

It’s also recommended not making you 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:
The vaccines have shown to really lessen the severity of Covid. They are free. Easily obtainable. I don't understand why you would make anyone wear a mask. The masks, like the vaccines, should be a personal choice. (and I'm not even taking a personal position on vaccines or not...just listing the facts as we know them today) 

Don't want to get a vaccine? Fine. Wear a mask. Don't want to wear a mask? Fine. Don't. Knowing everything we know now, if you get hospitalized or die with Covid, isn’t that on you? Indications are it can be easily avoided with the vaccine.  Also, I would imagine most people that are anti-vaccine are also anti mask mandate anyway. So the group we're supposedly concerned with catching it aren't asking people to wear masks anyway. They're making their choice. 

I can't imagine being vaccinated and having an unvaccinated person walk up and say "Uh, excuse me, would you please put a mask on so I don't get hospitalized?"  Uh....no chief, you don't want to get really sick, get the vaccine or wear more masks or stay home. 

Fantastic post.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

3 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Incorrect. Research has shown vaccinated persons who catch the Delta variant of the virus can spread the virus, perhaps as much as non-vaccinated. 
But the vaccination largely prevents infection in the first place, so no the vaccinated are not “just as likely” to spread the virus because they are much, much less likely to contract it in the first place! And also less likely to be symptomatic if they do. 

Anecdotally, my workplace keeps a tally of positive tests and if the are fully vaccinated or not. Small sample size but we have a little under 20 positive cases right now and 38% are fully vaccinated. All of the fully vaccinated are asymptomatic or had mild symptoms. This means either they are indeed less likely to catch and spread it or they are getting tested less frequently because most of them are asymptomatic.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Anecdotally, my workplace keeps a tally of positive tests and if the are fully vaccinated or not. Small sample size but we have a little under 20 positive cases right now and 38% are fully vaccinated. All of the fully vaccinated are asymptomatic or had mild symptoms. This means either they are indeed less likely to catch and spread it or they are getting tested less frequently because most of them are asymptomatic.

We have had just over 20 cases out of 250+ employees since vaccinations. None serious. We had well over 100 (I think around 150) last year before vaccinations. Several hospitalized. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Incorrect. Research has shown vaccinated persons who catch the Delta variant of the virus can spread the virus, perhaps as much as non-vaccinated. 
But the vaccination largely prevents infection in the first place, so no the vaccinated are not “just as likely” to spread the virus because they are much, much less likely to contract it in the first place! And also less likely to be symptomatic if they do. 

Plus the data is showing that even though vaccinated people may carry the same viral load as unvaccinated and may spread it the same should they catch it, early reports are they don’t carry it for AS LONG as unvaccinated folks. 

Do with that info what you will….

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I'm all about government staying out of our business, but these pandemics present an ugly moral dilemma for politicians: do you act based on your community's wants, even if it is against their best interests?

Who in the gov’t should determine what’s in my family’s best interests? What are their qualifications? Politicians aren’t our moral guides. To answer your question: You act on your community wants. Every time. I would never depend on Greg Abbott to tell me what’s in my best interest. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

Here's the thing the last year+ has revealed:

Equip a population/community with all the information they need to make the right decision, the decision best for themselves and a greater good, in addition to the freedom to make that decision, and we have demonstrated that many - A LOT - of people still make the bad decision.  Either because of ignorance or, even worse, they only care about themselves and have zero shits to give about any greater good.

I'm all about government staying out of our business, but these pandemics present an ugly moral dilemma for politicians: do you act based on your community's wants, even if it is against their best interests?

Ideally this is true, but getting factual information is not easy, you have to seek it out.  Most information that the general public hears is politically driven, so it’s not necessarily true.  Additionally, people can most likely find information on the web that fits their perspective.  Finally, there is still so much with this virus that is unknown after a year and a half that even honest people who have the public’s best interest at heart could be unknowingly giving bad information.

Or maybe I’m just a cynic.

• Upvote 5