North Texas requiring masks again

6 minutes ago, ColoradoEagle said:

There will just be another excuse pop up, then another, and another.

These are the same people swearing that a de-wormer cures it.

Heck, these folks' hero was boo'd on stage when he encouraged them to get it:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/08/23/donald-trump-tells-alabama-rally-covid-19-vaccine-gets-booed/8237487002/

But hey!   Here's to hope!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

These are the same people swearing that a de-wormer cures it.

I do not get this.  I understand how people could have concerns about vaccines that until today had only been approved for emergency use.  But how can you be concerned about a vaccine and at the same time be willing to ingest horse medicine you bought at the feed store?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Hero?  I don't think so.

Fair enough.

Just please don't dig in so deep that you refuse a proven vaccine even after it's gone through several approval hoops just for the sake of refusing it.   You may only get a mild case, but you may also get a nasty, scary bout of it... or worse.   
You see these kinds of stories over & over of people refusing it, only to come down with COVID & dying, leaving their family members lamenting & encouraging everyone to take the vaccine.   

It's better to be wrong & alive than wrong & dead!

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Fair enough.

First off, the double standard on here is ridiculous.  What happened to the days of being able to disagree without being a total asshole and shouting people down?  References to Trump being someone's hero, calling me "doctor" because I share a different opinion, hyperbolic claims of "unnecessarily killing people", Lifer, MD., deniers, hoaxdenier evangelicals hurt the last few working brain cells in your skulls, etc..

@NT93posted a comment from an educated point of view since his "wife worked in clinical trials for several pharmaceutical companies over the past 20 years, so she is probably a bit more informed than the average person....That being said, I've had the vaccination, but I'm concerned about the possible long term effects and I completely understand why someone would choose not to get the vaccine."   

Here is someone speaking from an educated point of view and was not combative in his post.  The reply?  Our esteem moderator, SWB, picks out one comment and states that we need to focus on misinformation.  I would agree and there is misinformation from both sides of the aisle, but to ignore the comment about possible long term effects and why people choose to avoid these vaccinations was entirely ignored.  I share that concern and for the sake of misunderstanding, long term is not a year later, it is year's down the road.  I have a family member that is retired from the medical field after a 40+ year career and their concern is long term autoimmune issues.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

First off, the double standard on here is ridiculous.  What happened to the days of being able to disagree without being a total asshole and shouting people down?  References to Trump being someone's hero, calling me "doctor" because I share a different opinion, hyperbolic claims of "unnecessarily killing people", Lifer, MD., deniers, hoaxdenier evangelicals hurt the last few working brain cells in your skulls, etc..

@NT93posted a comment from an educated point of view since his "wife worked in clinical trials for several pharmaceutical companies over the past 20 years, so she is probably a bit more informed than the average person....That being said, I've had the vaccination, but I'm concerned about the possible long term effects and I completely understand why someone would choose not to get the vaccine."   

Here is someone speaking from an educated point of view and was not combative in his post.  The reply?  Our esteem moderator, SWB, picks out one comment and states that we need to focus on misinformation.  I would agree and there is misinformation from both sides of the aisle, but to ignore the comment about possible long term effects and why people choose to avoid these vaccinations was entirely ignored.  I share that concern and for the sake of misunderstanding, long term is not a year later, it is year's down the road.  I have a family member that is retired from the medical field after a 40+ year career and their concern is long term autoimmune issues.  

The misinformation part was that it didn't get the same trials -  nothing about long term effects. That is what I addressed. That is what the entire reply was about. In fact, that is why I only left that single line in the post I was addressing. 

This whole notion of "both sides of the aisle - misinformation" is where it breaks down and people are tending to lose their cool. Opinions and Science, feelings and facts, are not the two sides of the aisle. 

Double standards? Have you been punished or banished for constant attempts at ridiculing me? There is nothing new here. I post, you complain. You and your pals downvote. No big deal. I don't see anyone shouted down. You give out more than you get on this board. I didn't see anyone call Trump your hero - you just replied to it like you did. But, on that same thread though, if you catch me at some 'rally' - you may be able to call that person my hero or perhaps at minimum someone I hold in very high regard. That isn't too far of a stretch and maybe just not seeing it on this tiny screen, but it didn't say that UNTLifer's hero is Trump. 

• Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Lifer, I've got a ton of respect for you, and I don't even know you.
My comment about Trump being "these people's hero" shouldn't bother you, unless the shoe fits.  If it doesn't, and he's not, then great!  That should roll right off your back.  Not everything is a shot directly at you.  But in my conversations, a lot of the people who worship that dude are the ones that are vehemently against the vaccine... just my experience.

As for referring to you as "Dr.", that aint' me.  But when myriads of medical professionals are saying "do this, please!", and you disagree with your own citations, you gotta be ready to take the sarcasm.  Because essentially, you're saying you know better than all of these pleading medical professionals.

And sir, people are 'unnecessarily' dying.  That's just a fact.  We can't get around that.
A means of increasing your chances of surviving the disease is readily available.   It's been through a ton of testing.  Granted, not as much as these kinds of vaccines usually undergo, but plenty.  Testing began way back when the first SARS Coronavirus popped up way back in 2002 (03?, I don't remember).

It sounds like you're not one of those who would swear up and down on some placebos like Ivermectin & HCQ (when the infected person likely just had a good enough immune response to handle the virus like a vast majority does)... instead, you're OK with simply rolling the dice.   To me, rolling the dice is needless and I dunno if you've already had it or not, but I pray you're not one of those with an immune response that can't handle it.  Because if your own immune response cannot handle it, the de-wormer & anti-malaria drugs are not going to help.  
Speaking of dice rolls, have you ever rolled snake eyes twice in a row?    Super improbable, but I have.
Snake eyes 1:  Catching it.  It sucks, but you get another roll.
Snake eyes 2:  Death.
It happens.  And it catches the dice shooter by surprise because, "That just never happens!  Couldn't happen to me!"
Guess what?   Having the vaccine is like having another roll before "death".  Your chances shoot up that much more.

I'm trying to have civil discourse.  There is no double standard here.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Double standards? Have you been punished or banished for constant attempts at ridiculing me? There is nothing new here. I post, you complain. 

I post, you name call.  So it is what it is.  Carry on.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1