Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

24 minutes ago, Jessica M Hall said:

We will be playing the Bowl game with an interim head coach, most likely Mainord (who hopefully doesn’t get poached by SL). They should already be announcing this coaching change (if not announced it yesterday) so our guys can start off their week on Monday with a fresh start after hearing their Bowl announcement tomorrow. No one wants to get the Bowl announcement, get pumped for it, then get this news. K-State can very well take their time since they don’t have a Bowl game, but time is of the essence here for us. IMHO. 

If the entire offense staff leaves then Quinn can call the plays. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2
  • Ray 3

Just now seeing this news about K-State and Seth.  To say I'm not surprised, would be a huge understatement.  I've felt the writing has been on the wall since we beat Arkansas and had our hot start.  As many have said, his leaving will have a domino effect.  Most notably on the coaching staff and incoming recruits.  If this does indeed happen, I'm afraid Old Denton will return in force with pitchforks in hand.  

Edited by Mean Green Fan4Life
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

2 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

If you don't see the potential there you're blind.  All they need is the right coach and I don't doubt that K State could be a contender within the next five years with Seth at the helm.  My reasoning:

1) When he came here, he took a roster with almost no talent and won five games and took us to a bowl game.  He has consistently demonstrated that he can develop and get the most out of players even if they aren't top tier recruits.  He has also had a keen eye for JUCO transfers.  I don't think we've had any academic or behavior issues with our JUCOs since he's gotten here. The development aspect is particularly important because convincing 17-18 year olds that coming to Lawrence(derp) Manhattan, Kansas will be a fun time is probably pretty difficult.

2) He knows the big 12 well with his history along with the coaches and the personalities. Not much more to say there.

3) Culturally, Bill Snyder is known as a "class act" kind of guy and if I'm not mistaken he, at least on the surface, appears to run a fairly clean program.  We all know that Seth has kept his nose clean here and has no issues getting rid of players that step out of line (see: Taylor Robinson).

4) The Big 12 is all passing all the time. His system would help modernize the wildcats offense into something that can keep up with the top dogs in the conference.

I don't like this assessment anymore than anyone else on this board, but the more I look at it, the more I think this is a great platform for Littrell to get on board with.  I would love nothing more for him to stay here and make this his home for the next 20 years but I just don't see that as realistic.  Out of all the head coaching jobs that have come up that he was a fit for this season, I think this is the best fit.

Who do they compete against for talent? Isn’t know for its Juco’s because that is all they can get?

5 hours ago, Mean Green Fan4Life said:

Just now seeing this news about K-State and Seth.  To say I'm not surprised, would be a huge understatement.  I've felt the writing has been on the wall since we beat Arkansas and had our hot start.  As many have said, his leaving will have a domino effect.  Most notably on the coaching staff and incoming recruits.  If this does indeed happen, I'm afraid Old Denton will return in force with pitchforks in hand.  

Old Denton won’t return because of our leadership. Most notably Wren and Smatresk. 

This COULD set back the on field progress a couple of years. Hopefully just one. (Well, hopefully none). The person we hire (if we do have to hire someone) may well be a great recruiter, but keeping the top recruiting class in CUSA getting a new coach two months before signing day would be a challenge. 

Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Old Denton won’t return because of our leadership. Most notably Wren and Smatresk. 

This COULD set back the on field progress a couple of years. Hopefully just one. (Well, hopefully none). The person we hire (if we do have to hire someone) may well be a great recruiter, but keeping the top recruiting class in CUSA getting a new coach two months before signing day would be a challenge. 

If Littrell leaves for KSU they were ranked 109’th in national recruiting last I checked.  Wonder how long we would keep our top ranked G5 recruiting class?🤔😥  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Arkstfan said:

Gone through four hires in 9 years. It’s not the end of the world and it increases the applicant pool. 

Thankful that we’ve at least reached a point our coaches aren’t getting poached by other G5 teams. 

Edit: yes, I know Boise is a G5 juggernaut. 

Edited by Mean Green Matt

No offense to SL, but with in state rival kansas making a big splash and getting Les Miles, you would think K State would want to make a bigger splash than SL.  I would think they would want to get a bigger name that has more skins on the wall.  They weren’t good this year and really have to improve recruiting quickly.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, meangreanmick said:

No offense to SL, but with in state rival kansas making a big splash and getting Les Miles, you would think K State would want to make a bigger splash than SL.  I would think they would want to get a bigger name that has more skins on the wall.  They weren’t good this year and really have to improve recruiting quickly.

SL might not be a bigger splash, but he would be a great hire.

• Lovely Take 1

12 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

What's more likely

Seth stays here for 5 years and turns us into the g5 darling

Seth goes to Kstate and wins the big 12 in 3 years

Elevating us.

People who talk about what K-State could be forget that OU, and Ok State, and Texas, and hell even Iowa State, have strong offensive minds at the helm AND a head start on K-State in momentum.  

K-State has potential, that much is obvious.  The question is if K-State is like North Texas in that the natural advantages (location, improving facilities, more excitement than ever before) make it easy to reach, and stay at, the top of their respective conference. 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Thankful that we’ve at least reached a point our coaches aren’t getting poached by other G5 teams. 

Edit: yes, I know Boise is a G5 juggernaut. 

The guy we had poached played at Boise Capital High school, then Boise State, started coaching there and was OC for the OU win. Plus $1.8 million ain’t chump change 

At what point do the G5 schools finally say enough and start fighting back legally?  If UCF can go 2 entire seasons without a loss and still not even sniff the playoff it will NEVER happen.  And we’ll be resigned to watching our good coaches walk out the door to “better opportunities” that are, in fact, really the only way they can get a “shot” at a mythical national championship.

Looking at the number of unique schools who have played in either the BCS championship or the playoffs, you quickly realize that there are really only 10 schools who really, REALLY have a shot.  The rest of the P5 schools are tag alongs who support the system because they get a cut of the money.  Hush money.  

Make no mistake, KSU is a tag along.  They’ll get the same playoff consideration as Baylor and TCU did.  So good luck, coach.  You’re a rung up the ladder but still have no shot at a mythical “championship.”

I say it’s time to burn this system down.

Edited by TIgreen01
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

At what point do the G5 schools finally say enough and start fighting back legally?  If UCF can go 2 entire seasons without a loss and still not even sniff the playoff it will NEVER happen.  And we’ll be resigned to watching our good coaches walk out the door to “better opportunities” that are, in fact, really the only way they can get a “shot” at a mythical national championship.

Looking at the number of unique schools who have played in either the BCS championship or the playoffs, you quickly realize that there are really only 10 schools who really, REALLY have a shot.  The rest of the P5 schools are tag alongs who support the system because they get a cut of the money.  Hush money.  

Make no mistake, KSU is a tag along.  They’ll get the same playoff consideration as Baylor and TCU did.  So good luck, coach.  You’re a rung up the ladder but still have no shot at a mythical “championship.”

Agree.  

What do we have to lose by trying (with advice from America’s best legal minds)?

Right now we have no fighters to challenge it. Go along to get along?  

GMG!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TIgreen01 said:

But, but, but, 20 years ago KSU almost played for a national championship!