• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Cerebus

Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

koc9iYN.gif

r/CFB: Internet Rumors

Littrell's neighbor is currently selling their house. According to the listing agent, about a month ago Seth's wife asked her for realtor recommendations in Lubbock

Source: I had a client interested in the neighbor's house

Remember his buyout decreases every year after this one, so if someone were to poach him after the season, we'd get the max buyout amount this year.

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

Unfortunately, this thread is going to crescendo throughout the year.

UNLESS - we tank intentionally to keep him. Thus defeating his genius and paying a lot for a losing record. 

We can do it! 

• Haha 7
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

UNLESS - we tank intentionally to keep him. Thus defeating his genius and paying a lot for a losing record. 

We can do it! 

9859335.jpg?649

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I heard someone say that their neighbor's cousin friend acquaintance said something about something.  

fkHPWcf.gif

I just want to enjoy this year and worry about this should it come up later.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

If history has shown anything....it's that when the house hunting starts...that's when it gets real

I think George Seifert just couldn't find one in Dallas with a kitchen he liked and Nick Saban may still be looking in Austin 

6 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

If history has shown anything....it's that when the house hunting starts...that's when it gets real

I think George Seifert just couldn't find one in Dallas with a kitchen he liked and Nick Saban may still be looking in Austin 

Yeah, this stuff always starts with the "wife was house hunting" posts. 

So maybe the wife is looking for a Summer home in Lubbock to escape the Dallas heat.  Oh, wait......

• Ray 2

7 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

So maybe the wife is looking for a Summer home in Lubbock to escape the Dallas heat.  Oh, wait......

You mean she might just love dust. 

49 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

Sucks.. But Seth is going to be poached from us at some point. Just keep winnig and promote Graham Harrell to HC. 

Is Harrell the automatic choice? I would think so.

10 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I like Graham Harrell. This is not a shot at him.

But why is he seen as such a no brainer candidate for our HC position if Littrell leaves?

Agreed.  I've always thought Mainord would be a logical choice if Littrell ever leaves, which I doubt.

• Upvote 1

Here a brain scew:

Would Harrell go with Littrell to what ever school he goes too? Does Littrell pull a Jerry Maguire and...........

Image result for whos coming with me gif

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Agreed.  I've always thought Mainord would be a logical choice if Littrell ever leaves, which I doubt.

You doubt Littrell ever leaves?

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You doubt Littrell ever leaves?

Maybe when he retires.  

Power of Positive Thinking.

Related image

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If I was the Littrell's my thought process would go like this:

The kids are are getting old enough that constantly moving them is more and more difficult.  

Would you rather raise a family in the DFW Metroplex and or in Lubbock? 

Lubbock is 7 1/2 hours away from Muskogee while Denton is 3 1/2 hours away.

Turning down 3 million dollars seems asinine but everything is in place to stay in Denton for as long as they want and current salary trajectory would have base at 2 million in the next few years.  

Now that it is proven that recruits and fans will come to Denton.  There is no reason to worry about waiting for a dream job to come up. Texas Tech is not a dream job.  

My intuition tells me if the Tech job is offered he will take it but for the reasons I stated above it is not a given.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

I honestly don't know if he would take it.  Tech is a good school with a lot of cash, but what is there potential?  Will they ever overtake UT, OU, or TCU in the Big XII?  If there is a conference shake up down the road and UT and OU bolt the Big XII, is there a chance UNT gets invited should we continue our upward trajectory?  I know the tendency is to expect coaches to jump at jobs that pay more, etc... but SL strikes me differently.  There is something to be said about working for a supportive administration, BOR, AD, etc...  In fact, I think he has stated as much.  Why wouldn't he just stay and become our Patterson?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4