New Landscaping

golfingomez

34 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Also, the Athletic Center Lobby has been stripped down as well.. No idea if that means its close to be announced, but hoping that it will be

I know it's in the middle of renovation, they showed the concept art off at the Coaches Caravan, I heard they're moving the Hall of Fame plaques there as well as updating the display cases and updating the overall aesthetic.

I went to a phychologist the other day about a dream I'd had.  In my dream, I was tormented because sometimes I thought I was a tee pee.  Other times I thought I was a wig wam.  My phychologist said to relax.  I was just too tense.

Edited by greenjoe
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

New seating going in...no clue what the pricing will be, but probably a higher buy in than the Bowl sideline seating.  Just another option for some premium type seating. So great seeing these new ideas and improvements starting to take shape.  More to come...more to come.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tyler Maryak said:

Haven't gotten downvoted in a while... 

Am I alone in thinking that it will have looked better as a grassy area than having tents there?

I wonder if this means Canon goes elsewhere or are we only putting this on one side? I like the idea provide a different fan experience, it's right where recruits hang out pre game.  I wonder if they'll have to be issues ear plugs that cannon is devastating if you're within 100 feet

Edited by GMG24

23 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

New seating going in...no clue what the pricing will be, but probably a higher buy in than the Bowl sideline seating.  Just another option for some premium type seating. So great seeing these new ideas and improvements starting to take shape.  More to come...more to come.

How will this new party deck count towards seating? What will be the recalculated seating capacity of Apogee?

7 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I was just up at Apogee working with the AD Office, they are going to be putting in tents there, like we had tents at the HOD Bowl from what I was told... 

Great idea for more premium seating! UCF appears to be doing something along these lines.

6 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

It's not a very large space, so I'm betting it will be a pretty penny.
9/2, it will probably be free or they may have to pay you to come down there as it's going to be 95+ degrees.
9/23 and on, I bet you have to be an Golden Eagle+ level.

One would imagine these are higher than $2,500.00 seats.

14 hours ago, keith said:

Now if we could just find somewhere, anywhere, else to put that eyesore Ready Ice machine.

That thing's a real pisser (dammit, can't find the requisite picture) 

Logistical question -- Football season is 32 days away.  If they were indeed selling some kind of seating/tent watching/merry making/see and be seen area out there, and it was available to the general donating public for whatever price, wouldn't we have heard something about it via email solicitation by now? 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

That thing's a real pisser (dammit, can't find the requisite picture) 

Logistical question -- Football season is 32 days away.  If they were indeed selling some kind of seating/tent watching/merry making/see and be seen area out there, and it was available to the general donating public for whatever price, wouldn't we have heard something about it via email solicitation by now? 

Excellent point.

Here's my question. If these tent suites are a quick way to address demand for more seating without doing a major renovation of the stadium, shouldn't this be the result of consistent sell outs of the stadium? AND, maybe I'm missing something, but these tent suites are still in the end zone. Call me provincial, but I still like my 45 yrd line view.

• Upvote 4

636163904526664882-ulm-vs-ull-13.jpg

Maybe along the lines of what they have at Louisiana Monroe?  They call them tailgate tents which are line up across the end zone.   You bring your own drinks and eats. I've seen people even bring small smokers and grills.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't like the idea at all.  The grassy areas on each side looked nice.  It's not like there are not other seats available at Apogee.

4 minutes ago, DT 90 said:

636163904526664882-ulm-vs-ull-13.jpg

Maybe along the lines of what they have at Louisiana Monroe?  They call them tailgate tents which are line up across the end zone.   You bring your own drinks and eats. I've seen people even bring small smokers and grills.  

This concept reminds me of those temporary, free-standing suites they brought in to Fouts.  FUgly looking.

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, agubriz23 said:

I know it's in the middle of renovation, they showed the concept art off at the Coaches Caravan, I heard they're moving the Hall of Fame plaques there as well as updating the display cases and updating the overall aesthetic.

When the AC gets expanded that area is going to be the connector between the old and new halves of the building. Yes it is getting updated in the short term.  

4 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Here's my question. If these tent suites are a quick way to address demand for more seating 

I don't think it's for more seating.  I think it's for different seating that might attract a new type of customer.   Look the Club section isn't getting any fuller.  Obviously it only appeals to so many fans right now.   Again this is different and innovative and I am in favor of it.  Keep throwing things at the wall, keep doing whatever sticks.

If I had to guess I suspect they will do something innovative for basketball seats as well.