Everyone’s Favorite Subject – Uniforms

El Paso Eagle

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

That is very cool, but those are Adidas unis.   We have a deal with Nike.   We have to work with what Nike does.

oh I know. I mean, once we get enough wins to matter to our uni sponsor, we can discuss all this. Just saying that I liked that when I saw it. It's clean and modern and uses the school colors, which is big for me. 

Mean Green should wear GREEN helmets with a white SoW. No more Flying Leek, please. The only white helmet they wear should have the original Worm on it like it did a few years ago. Green Helmets, black masks would look great with all white uniforms.

This is still my favorite look. Probably because it had some winning attached to it:

Mean-Green-Football-0079.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Love the double striped paints and the shoulder stripes on the tops.  I would like to see a version in our current and accurate green.  I also prefer a green helmet with the white logo.

Basically the set of uniforms replicating what UH has with a white helmet and a green helmet?

• Upvote 1

On 9/19/2016 at 1:15 PM, aztecskin said:

the outline of the SOW logo on the pants would look great. 

The stripes we have now are boring and from a template. 

9530056-lamar-jackson-ncaa-football-loui 

Syracuse's look is worse.  The Louisville unis here would look better with red or black pants. 

All one color is never good, with the rare exception of a nicely trimmed all-black, like our Heart of Dallas bowl uniforms.

These should be the uni rules:
Green or black top: white pants; any color helmet acceptable - but, green preferred.
White top: green or black pants; never white helmet with white top; green helmet with green pants, black helmet with black pants.

Or, in the alternative:  win enough so that people have neither the time nor the inclination to bitch about uniforms.

On 9/18/2016 at 8:46 AM, UNT 90 Grad said:

We are a quarter of the way through the season and so far we've only seen the white helmets.  I'm no fashionista, but if you go with green pants, I would go with the black or green helmet.  Not sure though if the plan is to go with the white helmet all year. 

Scratch that.  Just saw they are going with the black helmets today vs. Rice.  Not sure what color pants.  (White jerseys)