Nyc Burns, QB Berryhill/Tulsa, OK

TravisUNT

11 minutes ago, TravisUNT said:

He HATED the recruiting game and said he was done. This weekend with Boise calling and telling him to put off NMSU then going with another kid sealed it. He was done. 

I hate that we still haven't got a promising hs qb commit yet, especially after such a lackluster recent history in that regard, but just reading what he had already said, I think he really liked Okie State. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, MCMLXXX said:

247 Sports predicts Virginia Tech 100%. Offers from UNT, Indiana, and VT.

Those offers are old, and there's pretty much no way he's still being recruited by them. Indiana offered when Littrell was there, when Debiase was a sophomore, and the Va Tech offer was a while ago too. Both already have their QB commits this class.

And the crystal ball prediction is 100% to Va Tech because one guy predicted him to go there, but that prediction was made 16 months ago.

3 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

There is no "they". It's just one guy who Crystal ball'd Debiase to Va Tech back in September 2014. Since then they've picked up their QB commit for the class and we're Debiase's only offer since then.

I was really just referring to all crystal ball predictions in general

Debiase seems like a big family oriented guy. Hard for me to believe that he is coming all the way to texas to school. I may be completely wrong though. Littrell has said from day one he will get a high school QB in every class. So I believe Graham and him have some one picked out and up their sleeves. It may be a guy we have mentioned and it may be an off the radar guy. But I definitely believe there will be a hs quarterback in this class.

Burns never said he hated the recruiting game.  He said OSU had everything he wanted so that is where he was going.  I think Harrell knew this and moved along.  We will sign a HS QB this class.  The position is too important to our future and the coaches know that.  I would look at Debiase, Brewer and the young man from Canadian.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Burns never said he hated the recruiting game.  He said OSU had everything he wanted so that is where he was going.  I think Harrell knew this and moved along.  We will sign a HS QB this class.  The position is too important to our future and the coaches know that.  I would look at Debiase, Brewer and the young man from Canadian.

Trust me he said he hated it ;-)

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

The other option is you consider just not signing a QB and waiting to see if anyone falls through the cracks or gets their test scores up etc.

This would be so risky.  The staff had better have their eyes on a handful of these guys, and know their situations... otherwise we'll wind up with no one.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Meangreenfilmguy said:

Damn, this blows. I do feel that Littrell and staff have something up their sleeves.

It's probably natural for fans to be getting a little uneasy during this last week of recruiting - which is like the Wild West - without a HS QB committed. However, this staff has seen and developed a number of successful QB's of all shapes, sizes, and types. You have to believe that they are taking their time to get the "right guy", and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't leave a spot open for a "defect" out of spring practice at another program or a late qualifier of sorts (to enroll in the summer or fall).

• Upvote 2