Nyc Burns, QB Berryhill/Tulsa, OK

TravisUNT

http://www.okprepscores.com/football/stats/player/nycholas-(nyc)-burns/1037067/2015

Nyc's final numbers:

Passing: 209 of 326 2,835 yards 35 TDs 9 INTs. 

Rushing: 118 carries for 706 yards 11 TDs.

Total of 3,541 yards 46 TDs.

As a team, Berryhill's  total yards 5,207 yards and 69 TDs. Nyc accounted for 68% of the yards and 67 % of the TDs

Film  http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2560274/highlights/298157377/v2

Looks like offers to every D2 in a 300 mile radius, Drake (D1 FCS), Oklahoma State PWO, interest from UTSA, New Mexico State, Iowa State... 

33 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

He has Oklahoma State commit on his Twitter, but that makes sense that he's a PWO. No offers on his rivals page, and very little else outside of that. Interesting prospect. Great numbers.

Apparently he had a offers from UTSA and StephenFAustin, but UTSA's coaching staff exploded and SFA offered as a linebacker(WTF?). Mike Canales was interested too before he left I guess.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Shows that he is definitely interested. Every other coach he tweeted that he talked to he pretty much says "thanks but no thanks. Still going to OSU" so the fact he didn't here and is excited to meet with him next week shows there is a good chance we could get him.

• Upvote 3

Just now, MEEN2018 said:

Shows that he is definitely interested. Every other coach he tweeted that he talked to he pretty much says "thanks but no thanks. Still going to OSU" so the fact he didn't here and is excited to meet with him next week shows there is a good chance we could get him.

I like our chances a lot unless Oklahoma State waits till the last minute and throws out a scholarship to him.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, TravisUNT said:

Would you tell a PWO to kick rocks? And OSU doesn't have a scholly QB commit either. 

Sure if that player tries to parlay another teams interest into forcing you to use a scholarship. If OSU thought that highly of him in the first place they would have already offered.

1 minute ago, Eagle-96 said:

Sure if that player tries to parlay another teams interest into forcing you to use a scholarship. If OSU thought that highly of him in the first place they would have already offered.

After having Starkel De-commit I doubt OSU tell's there only QB, PWO or otherwise, to kick rocks especially if they both get UNT offers. They have NO qb in this class and their only other target, Wudtee, has a TCU offer and about to announce a Mizzou offer. I was told OSU was very high on Burns but had promised Starkel they wouldn't offer another QB in this class. Now that Starkel is gone I don't think they let Burns go too. At least not pull the PWO which cost them nothing.   

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

Tact.   You don't kick down the door waving your UNT offer around and demand an offer from Gundy.  Just gentle nudges that, "Hey, I really like coach Littrell & Harrell and they offered me.  I still would rather go to OSU, but UNT is providing me a free education.  I cannot dismiss that."   Then, let the seed grow...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TravisUNT said:

After having Starkel De-commit I doubt OSU tell's there only QB, PWO or otherwise, to kick rocks especially if they both get UNT offers. They have NO qb in this class and their only other target, Wudtee, has a TCU offer and about to announce a Mizzou offer. I was told OSU was very high on Burns but had promised Starkel they wouldn't offer another QB in this class. Now that Starkel is gone I don't think they let Burns go too. At least not pull the PWO which cost them nothing.   

Then OSU needs to nut up and offer the scholarship. It's that simple. If they don't then Burns has a decision to make. 

1. Full scholarship to UNT where the QB competition would seem to be wide open. He would be coached by one of the most prolific college QBs of all time.

2. Walk-on at OSU with only a guarantee that he makes the 105 in August. His parents foot the bill. He would play for a former D II QB.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Eagle-96 said:

Then OSU needs to nut up and offer the scholarship. It's that simple. If they don't then Burns has a decision to make. 

1. Full scholarship to UNT where the QB competition would seem to be wide open. He would be coached by one of the most prolific college QBs of all time.

2. Walk-on at OSU with only a guarantee that he makes the 105 in August. His parents foot the bill. He would play for a former D II QB.

I agree but UNT hasn't offered yet...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TravisUNT said:

I agree but UNT hasn't offered yet...

Right, but Harrell already drove up just to talk and is going back next week to see him throw. I don't think we would waste our time if we were not going to offer. If we were going to PWO then Burns would stick with OSU and we would have wasted 2 trips during a very valuable time. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

Right, but Harrell already drove up just to talk and is going back next week to see him throw. I don't think we would waste our time if we were not going to offer. If we were going to PWO then Burns would stick with OSU and we would have wasted 2 trips during a very valuable time. 

Tyler advice jack black wisdom knowledge

• Upvote 3