Nyc Burns, QB Berryhill/Tulsa, OK

TravisUNT

2 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

i am worried that we are waiting around for Starkel to make a decision and we will miss out on this young man!

I think the bigger fear may be that they are able to parlay an offer from us to get OSU off the dime and give them a full offer.  I say that in no disrespect, as the kid has stated OSU is his dream school and Starkel decommited from OSU leaving them looking for a QB add late.  I would bet OSU is whispering to him that they might have a spot for him as they look for other options.  If we want him, we should say we will offer you but we need your word you won't flip late to OSU if they offer.  OSU has done this to us on players in the past.

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think the bigger fear may be that they are able to parlay an offer from us to get OSU off the dime and give them a full offer.  I say that in no disrespect, as the kid has stated OSU is his dream school and Starkel decommited from OSU leaving them looking for a QB add late.  I would bet OSU is whispering to him that they might have a spot for him as they look for other options.  If we want him, we should say we will offer you but we need your word you won't flip late to OSU if they offer.  OSU has done this to us on players in the past.

This is not fair to demand.   We have to sell him on being here over OSU... even if they offer.  

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This is not fair to demand.   We have to sell him on being here over OSU... even if they offer.  

You missed my point.  Of course we want him to be here.  I'm just saying if he commits to us I hope OSU offering at the last minute does not change his mind.

38 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I agree with this statement because schools do this all the time to players my hope and what i think Harry means by what he said is that if you commit to us we will stop pursuing other QB options because we are counting on you. 

57 minutes ago, Harry said:

You missed my point.  Of course we want him to be here.  I'm just saying if he commits to us I hope OSU offering at the last minute does not change his mind.

I was just replying to your statement.  I understand the point, but flipping is the name of the game.  We're sitting over here trying to flip guys who are committed to Fresno St, TXSt, etc.... We got Keenan Johnson to decommit from Tulsa, although he may still wind up there.  It's a 2-way street.
Of course we hope OSU wont offer late, but if they do... it's game over, and everyone knew that going in, including Littrell & Harrell.  Heck, I'm sure Burns even said it to their faces.  We're basically pinning our hopes on OSU not offering for Burns.  It's a chance we should be willing to take.

31 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

I agree with this statement because schools do this all the time to players my hope and what i think Harry means by what he said is that if you commit to us we will stop pursuing other QB options because we are counting on you. 

Again, I'm betting Burns will be forthright enough to say, "I will accept the OSU offer if they do... otherwise, you bet coach!"  Honestly is the best policy.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

Offer this kid, get him loaded up with MeanGreen gear, get him in here with an Official Visit, and even if Okie State comes in late we still got him because we are showing him love!!  

This is all that we can hope for!

Obviously, the best we can hope for is that OSU doesn't offer... but aside from that, your plan above is pretty much our only option.  I think we'll beat out NMSt, Marshall, and any other G5 suitor that comes calling.

54 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

Bingo!

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I was just replying to your statement.  I understand the point, but flipping is the name of the game.  We're sitting over here trying to flip guys who are committed to Fresno St, TXSt, etc.... We got Keenan Johnson to decommit from Tulsa, although he may still wind up there.  It's a 2-way street.
Of course we hope OSU wont offer late, but if they do... it's game over, and everyone knew that going in, including Littrell & Harrell.  Heck, I'm sure Burns even said it to their faces.  We're basically pinning our hopes on OSU not offering for Burns.  It's a chance we should be willing to take.

Again, I'm betting Burns will be forthright enough to say, "I will accept the OSU offer if they do... otherwise, you bet coach!"  Honestly is the best policy.

If he were to tell a staff that they would pack up and keep moving.  No way a recruit with no offers says I'll go to your school as long as school XYZ doesnt offer then im out.  That is a sure fire way to not receive an offer in the first place.  He has accepted a preferred walk-on offer from OSU.  Doubt they go from preferred walk-on to offer in two months.  They have seen enough of him on film they wanted him they would offer by now.  

7 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

If he were to tell a staff that they would pack up and keep moving.  No way a recruit with no offers says I'll go to your school as long as school XYZ doesnt offer then im out.  That is a sure fire way to not receive an offer in the first place.  He has accepted a preferred walk-on offer from OSU.  Doubt they go from preferred walk-on to offer in two months.  They have seen enough of him on film they wanted him they would offer by now.  

Maybe that's why he doesn't have any offers!

But now it's getting down to crunch-time, and he STILL doesn't have an offer from OSU... so, coaches think, "let's see if we can get him."

• Upvote 1