Tickets
Saturday
Dec. 5
Conference USAC-USA Championship Game
Hosted by team with highest C-USA winning %
Time TBA
ESPN/ESPN2

you can still use it but there won't be team to watch...lol

So I can just go park my happy ass in the middle of the empty blue lot, take the keys out of the ignition, step out on to the grass, and fill myself with so much booze that I actually believe we made the game, won the game, and that I can hear the roar of the sold out crowd?

• Upvote 1

Wow look at UNT90 getting all positive on his outlook.  Two wins is pretty aggressive.  

So I can just go park my happy ass in the middle of the empty blue lot, take the keys out of the ignition, step out on to the grass, and fill myself with so much booze that I actually believe we made the game, won the game, and that I can hear the roar of the sold out crowd?

It takes just over a half a liter of Tequila for me to reach that zone in 3 hours  and maybe a few jello shots, but it works. 

Give me 2.  Portland St. and one of the UT branches at home.  The other UT branch game will be a heartbreaking loss.

This.  Or maybe lose to Portland State and beat UTEP and UT-SA.  Or maybe we beat someone completely unexpected.  But we ought to be able to win 2 games, somehow.  Finding more than 2 or maybe 3 is very difficult at this point.

• Upvote 1

Optimist view: Wins against Portland State, UTEP, and UTSA.

At the beginning of the year, I thought we would go 4-8, with wins at SMU and over Portland State, UTSA, and UTEP at home.

Today, I truly believe we are going to go 1-11, maybe 2-10 if UTEP just doesn't care in that last game at Apogee on the weekend after Thanksgiving, in front of about 500 people. But that is 50/50 at best. I full am prepared to continue watching UTSA make us their bitch and I have no reason to believe that we are going to beat Southern Miss on the road. Everyone else is basically like Rice--just flat out better than we are, in some cases by a lot. Iowa will kill us this weekend, but that was always to be expected. After that, we play at USM, where I see a loss like the one at SMU. We beat Portlandia on Homecoming in a thriller. Then get clobbered by WKU and Marshall. UTSA comes in and wins a close one, where we give it away in the second half. Then we get crushed at La Tech, Tennessee (epic loss), and MUTS. Then come home for that 50/50 game in front of hundreds of fans against the Miners.

Thanks RV!! Lord knows this talented bunch didn't need a bye week during the season and only 5 games at home!! I am just so glad you opened up tailgating all those years ago!!

At the beginning of the year, I thought we would go 4-8, with wins at SMU and over Portland State, UTSA, and UTEP at home.

Today, I truly believe we are going to go 1-11, maybe 2-10 if UTEP just doesn't care in that last game at Apogee on the weekend after Thanksgiving, in front of about 500 people. But that is 50/50 at best. I full am prepared to continue watching UTSA make us their bitch and I have no reason to believe that we are going to beat Southern Miss on the road. Everyone else is basically like Rice--just flat out better than we are, in some cases by a lot. Iowa will kill us this weekend, but that was always to be expected. After that, we play at USM, where I see a loss like the one at SMU. We beat Portlandia on Homecoming in a thriller. Then get clobbered by WKU and Marshall. UTSA comes in and wins a close one, where we give it away in the second half. Then we get crushed at La Tech, Tennessee (epic loss), and MUTS. Then come home for that 50/50 game in front of hundreds of fans against the Miners.

Thanks RV!! Lord knows this talented bunch didn't need a bye week during the season and only 5 games at home!! I am just so glad you opened up tailgating all those years ago!!

RV will hopefully be living back in Hattiesburg soon enough, the scheduling alone this year should cost RV his job.

Who the eff are we gonna beat to get to three wins on this schedule? Seriously, we are going to be doing great to win more than a game the rest of the season...

Theoretically, the 3 wins would come in games against these 4 opponents:

Portland St, UTSA, UTEP, and USM.

I think we win 2 of those 4.

Maybe. 

I feel for the players.  By week 5 or 6 they are going to be going thru some major soul searching and trying to keep their focus.

Rick

AKA - The very strong minded will find a way to push forward in a positive manner. The weak minded will fold and give up on the coaches and the team. My opinion, this team has no true leadership from really a player or coach perspective. This team will eventually fold. It'll be 1-6 or 1-7 until it happens. Whew, while fielding a really bad team that Tennessee game is looking even more glaring it being on the back 3rd of the schedule. 

#Hit3 

I'm putting this out here as a stretch goal (I selected 2 wins).

Since it appears the best we ever strive for is mediocrity (we're satisfied with a 6 win season), I'm going for mediocrity of our mediocre goal and throwing #Hit3 out there as the new mantra. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1