Changed the team's culture ?!?!

SilverEagle

Coach Mac said in his post game comments that they had changed the culture of the football team so that they always come into games fighting as hard as they can and never accept losing....blah, blah, blah.

Well I have to say. I've watched NT for over 40 years, and this year's team looks pretty much like all the other teams in North Texas' history that lost close games that THEY SHOULD HAVE WON...... :angry2:

So, how has the culture of the team really changed?

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 5

Can i be honest.. I almost wish it was an effort/heart issue as that seems to be the easiest to correct. What I am hearing is that they gave it their all... they gave everything and it simply was not even close to enough. That doesn't give me any hope for the future.

This.

Its almost as if we are a team full of Rudy's...

I just cannot see any way we win more than 4 games next year--and I think that is being extremely generous. I really see 3-9 as reasonable.

This is really just like the last few years of the Dickey monster--a team that just fell off the cliff, talent-wise and never recovered. I swear if Chico goes after SilverEagle in the stands, and doesn't even get reprimanded, I'm going to Vegas to bet on Florida to win both the football and basketball championships that follow...2006 dejavu...

Are you all still happy with this staff? I pointed out the obvious issues during last years season. I was told to shut my mouth bc we were 7-4/7-3 or whatever it was. I started screaming recruiting red flags all last season and I was told to shut up bc Mac knows how to "develop" unrated players. I am unsure what our record will be bc there are 2 huge unknowns...Hopeful for a JUCO/Grad transfer at QB and the east division draw we end up with. Just by going over the roster and 2 almost guaranteed losses I would be surprised at 5-7. If we get an east draw that consists of WKU/Mar/Mtsu/ then that's a very probable 0-4 record right off the bat. Throw in Portland St then that's 1-4. Even if we split the remaining 7 games we would not reach bowl eligibility.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Are you all still happy with this staff? I pointed out the obvious issues during last years season. I was told to shut my mouth bc we were 7-4/7-3 or whatever it was. I started screaming recruiting red flags all last season and I was told to shut up bc Mac knows how to "develop" unrated players. I am unsure what our record will be bc there are 2 huge unknowns...Hopeful for a JUCO/Grad transfer at QB and the east division draw we end up with. Just by going over the roster and 2 almost guaranteed losses I would be surprised at 5-7. If we get an east draw that consists of WKU/Mar/Mtsu/ then that's a very probable 0-4 record right off the bat. Throw in Portland St then that's 1-4. Even if we split the remaining 7 games we would not reach bowl eligibility.

You're learning...

You're learning...

Maybe, but maybe not. On another note, what if we have another losing season then what? 4 losing seasons in 5 years under this staff. Then what?

RV has to go. He keeps putting our athletic programs in bad predicaments with his boneheaded decisions. It's getting ridiculous. I think he is a good man and he has done some nice things to set up certain programs for potential prolonged success, but it's not only time for North Texas to move on but maybe for him to move on as well.

• Upvote 2

My question to DMac is how he knows that players quit on Dodge?

Isn't that the implication here?

I am tired of DMac taking every chance he can to piss on Dodge and Dickey, so that he can look like the great rebuilder, the only thing he has over Dodge is experience, a new stadium, and a higher paycheck.

Dodge obviously outrecruited him, but brought HS coaches to the College level.

DMac needs to let go of the past and figure out how to win in 2015 and stop whining about what he inherited, because what he is leaving for the next coach is scary

I am tired of DMac taking every chance he can to piss on Dodge and Dickey, so that he can look like the great rebuilder, the only thing he has over Dodge is experience, a new stadium, and a higher paycheck.

Dodge obviously outrecruited him, but brought HS coaches to the College level.

DMac needs to let go of the past and figure out how to win in 2015 and stop whining about what he inherited, because what he is leaving for the next coach is scary

The next coach won't be here until 2018 at the earliest, assuming nothing health related happens to Mac. At this point, we have no idea what he would leave behind for a new coach then or what a new coach could do with the talent that has been assembled.

The next coach won't be here until 2018 at the earliest, assuming nothing health related happens to Mac. At this point, we have no idea what he would leave behind for a new coach then or what a new coach could do with the talent that has been assembled.

I don't buy this. If we go 3-9 or 4-8 next year and have a losing record again in 2016, Mac will be gone.

I don't buy this. If we go 3-9 or 4-8 next year and have a losing record again in 2016, Mac will be gone.

There are way too many examples here within the last 15 years to argue against this. Todd Dodge made half of the salary that Dan McCarney makes, had posted all of 5 wins against 31 losses, including a wonderful 2-10 year in 2009 that matched his best record as a head coach here, :phew: , and only got fired when he won 1 game out of the first 7 he coached in the 4th year of his 5-year contract. The only way I could see the scenario playing out like you suggest is if in 2016, we won less than 2 games. With SMU, Army, a bought FCS game, and 8 games against CUSA competition in 2016, its hard for me to see us winning 1 game or less. The precedent has been set here, as far back as when RV tried to fire Darrell Dickey after losing to ULM to start off 0-5 in 2001, which was the 4th year of his contract, but the BOR told him unequivocally that Dickey would finish the year, one that miraculously turned around from 0-5 to 5-7 and a NO BOwl appearance that got him a small extension. Vic Trilli got rewarded for three years of the worst basketball I have ever seen by being give a 4th year of his 5 year contract--which he took advantage of by going 4-24.

It costs money to buyout a contract...that is all that matters.