How is your preseason prediction holding up?

JesseMartin

Obviously, most of us had specific games in mind when predicting our record before the opener. We're past mid-season...what do you think of your prediction now? Are you close? Aside from swapping Tulane and La Tech, I'm right on the money and still expect at least 7-5 though of course there's still a shot at 8-4 or 9-3.

Thought 7-5 and now hope I was wrong on the low side. Really so far, season has been close to expectations, 2-2 occ and 2-1 in conference and winning at home.

Team is actually better than I anticipated thus far especially on the defensive side. Passing game is better than I expected but I thought a go to running back would emerge, and that has not occurred. Overall the conference is not as strong as I projected.

• Upvote 1

I expected 2-2 on non-conference, and we know now that could have been 3-1. UNT is still only loss for MAC-leader Ball State.

I figured Tulsa as the toughest challenge on the conference schedule, and thought we could do 6-2 in conference. I expected La Tech to be a tougher game, but didn't expect loss at Tulane. So my 8-4 hope still looks reasonable. UNT can beat Tulsa.

That said, USM is most important game right now.

I had us at 6-6 with wins over Idaho, Ball State, MTSU, Southern Miss, UTEP, and UTSA. I had no idea LaTech would fall off the way they have, so there's that one. I'm telling you right now, we can win every game left. After we win this Saturday, the Rice game will be huge. If we win that one, which I think we will have a good chance to do in front of a home crowd, this team will have a lot of momentum to finish out the season. I have a feeling something special is going to happen this year.

Early on I said 6 (minimum), 7 or maybe 8. I just liked our offensive line (so did Phil Steele with his well respected college FB magazine) and also what transfers we had coming in and what I felt back in the Spring/Summer would need to be some key young players developing--I think they are doing that, too. We all knew we would have more skill people this Fall, too, and that has not hurt us or Derek Thompson at all.

I was also banking on DT/#7 having a career year his 5'th and final year for the Mean Green and he seems to be well on the way of doing that.

GMG!

PS: What MUTS is doing right now against Marshall is quite interesting.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen