NORTH...TEXAS chant observation

BIG DAWG

It was deafening. And even further, that brief pause to hear the reflection before the next antiphon was silence. The whole effect was stunning - the Middle players in front of us on the bench looked at each other, shook their heads and then continued to look at their hands or the ground before them.

Edited by Christopher Walker

I still really want it worked into the beginning before the team runs onto the field. As loud as that was at the end with the game in hand, it is better at the beginning from the intimidation standpoint. It says, hey, welcome to North Texas road team. This is our house, and we are gonna be loud tonight. Doing it early, also gets both sides on the stadium in the yelling mood.

• Upvote 3

... still needs a unified beginning and ending.

I'll donate a $100 towards the tuition of the student who pulls this near absolute impossible feat off.

A signaled, unified start, then an ending. That's all I ask.

Rick

Done:

[field announcer] : "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, IT'S TIME TO MAKE IT KNOWN FAR AND WIDE WHAT WE'RE TRULY MADE OF. THIS IS APOGEE STADIUM. THIS IS YOUR MEAN GREEN. THIS IS {beat} NORTH TEXAS!!"

[seamless cue to cheerleaders on field]

NOOOOOOORTH...

TE-XAAAAASSSS...

[Repeat ad nauseum for a minute or so, cards from cheerleaders and on screen change to "MAKE NOISE". Noise builds to crescendo... Cue band for next tune at same energy level]

-----

I'll expect payment in full within the month please.

• Upvote 2

This was all CHEER. LEADERS. Great job!!

I don't recall them ever going out that far onto the field to lead this and it definitely worked.

I like Harry's suggestion, but maybe shorter versions and alternating chants:

Students: North Texas!

Alumni: Mean Green! (using best Brandon Byrd voice)

repeat 3 times

All: Win!!!

gimme my $100!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've never heard it better at a football game.

Maybe the only one I remember specifically as more impressive than last night was at the 2007 NCAA Tournament Selection Show event. Keith Wooden had his piece of the net hanging off his face from a headband, and he was conducting the crowd like an orchestra. But that one had a roof and walls to help make it echo.

CW,.. I'll pay cash and Im serious.

This needs to be done. By way of the P.A. Announcer..by way of cheerleader cards,.. By way of Scrappy at the middle of the field standing on a surfboard being held up by a team of cheerleaders. Somehow it needs a beginning and a sudden and quick end.

Once this is taught to the masses, we then can do it anywhere on the road as well, be it at an NCAA basketball tournament,.. Or wherever.

Rick

• Upvote 1