The Official Ball State Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

UNT: 21

Ball St.: 17

Ball St. may but undefeated but the season is early and this team still has a lot of fight in them. In my eyes, the defense has played outstanding so far and I think it will be the same for this game. Intensity, big hits, and turnovers will save us. The only thing I'm worried about and why I put Ball State scoring 17 is how worn out the defense gets from constantly being on the field because of the play calling on offense.

Offense has irriated me in the past and continues to irritate me this season. I have no idea why we dont find more ways to get the ball to our WR crew that I think is the best in CUSA. Running the ball right up the middle every drive for 1st and 2nd down just bugs the hell out of me. Every team we play knows exactly what we are going to do and I wish we would change things up.

Still have high hopes for this season and I know we still have a chance to do something great. Wish I could make the game but I have drill with my Marine unit this weekend. GMG

• Upvote 1

I love my Mean Green but, Ball State is a very good passing team.

Ball State 42

Mean Green 31

Ball State has an outstanding QB, and WR's that have been starters for 3 years. Big OL , excellent pass protection.

I just hope Ball State does not score on their first offensive play.

• Upvote 1

I'm going with Ball State in a close one, 30-27. We tie the game late on a TD, only to miss the XP, then Ball State kicks the winning FG at the gun...

Again, what I want to see, just as we saw last week at Ohio, is 4 quarters of close competition against a good non-AQ in Ball State. Just don't get blown out at home by a team that is about even with Ohio in terms of quality opponent.

I went into this year picking both of those MAC games as losses and I'm sticking to it--although we have looked better in both games than I expected before the beginning of the season. If we lose this game, we will be 1-3 going to Tulane. That's a game that I see us winning, even on the road, since they are terrible. A loss against Tulane or a loss the following week at home against MUTS, though, probably costs DT his job, at that point, since that would put us at 2-4, with the easiest part of the schedule ahead of you for the second half of the season. At that point, McCarney is going to start looking at his future here and put in Dajon Williams for the remainder of the year. He knows that he has to get to 3 wins or more to keep his job at the end of the year, and he really knows that 2014 is his make-or-break year where he has to win 6+ games to get an extension. Otherwise, he'll get fired. There's no way he's going to let DT stay at QB if the team is 2-7 going into the final two home games against UTEP and UTSA, two in-state opponents that you really should sweep at your place and who you recruit against for players that will have a pretty good idea of who will be coaching at these three universities in 2015.

Shouldn't this be a prediction thread on DT. If he's on or not? Just saying...8 or 9 tight ends will we use them?

I find that if we get creative about getting Brelan the ball, everything else performs much better (on offense, anyways).

Rick mentioned Ohio shadowing Brelan. We need to figure out a way to get past that.

I get what he is saying here. It is kind of dumb to say that you expect us to lose by 20 then get pissed when the team loses by 6. You got better than you thought, so shouldn't you be happy with the result? I know that you are going to give me some response about expectations, but that doesn't really fit when you didn't have any to begin with.

Everyone should be pissed when you lose a winnable game, even if you were 40 point dogs before kickoff.

• Upvote 2

Everyone should be pissed when you lose a winnable game, even if you were 40 point dogs before kickoff.

So you are basically going to be pissed no matter the outcome. If we lost by more than we thought, then we should have done better. If we win, but not by as much as you thought, then you can be pissed because we should have won by more. I am disappointed that we lost the game because it was within our grasp. I am not angry that we lost because I didn't have an expectation of victory when the game started.

• Upvote 1