The Official Ball State Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

The Cardinals are coming off a great 2012 season. They have two home wins (an FCS. Illinois St, and a struggling FBS Army). They have swagger. They have it going. However, this is your typical game where UNT has the team to defeat Ball St. Smart football? I have seen it from the Eagles. Apogee advantage? Oh my, have I ever seen it. . .and felt the Devil's kitchen heat. I followed the Ohio game. Gwad, you had a strong surge in the second half. Get the students pumped up, alums. Bring someone who has never been to a college game, to that beautiful stadium, and give the Cardinals lots of UNT noise. I see you getting even with the MAC on this one. I was close on last week's prediction, having the MeanGreen 28 and the Bobcats 24. You have to have a good first half. The second half will always be yours, IMO.

Halftime: 21-21 (you have your tit-for-tat first half)

Final: 35 - 28. UNT wins it. (Second half is controlled by the MG.)

I miss that chili spread over Fritos. And, of course, I miss the great time. What was that called?

Go MeanGreen.

• Upvote 6

Billy, I have my Vandals, the MeanGreen and the Chicago Bears. I think you guys have the Cardinals in a perfect situation. Get people to the game. 35-28 UNT. You can put that in the bank BillySee58. In the bank. I am going to Elko on business (Nevada). I will put a bet down. What are we getting?

• Upvote 1

How can anyone think we hold them to a low score? Look at the big plays we gave up to a not exactly stellar Ohio. Our offense needs to remove their heads from rears as well. That was a poor performance Saturday. They are better than that.

Did you notice our defense only gave up 20 points the whole game, they did not give up a score for 35 minutes of the game from the start of the 2nd until the field goal at the 8 minute mark of the 4th.

Our Defense did not give up another TD after the second minute of the 2nd quarter, at 13:12 remaining in the 2nd. They only gave up two TDs the whole game including the first deep play. Seems they may have fixed that.

And our Defense held Ohio to only 2 field goals in the 4th when our offense was handing them back the ball on three and outs.

So other then getting beat deep on the first play, we only have to worry about our offense.

Edited by KingDL1
  • Upvote 4

Two Games removed from the Return of the Worm - 29

Jim Davis, Garfield, Jon Arbuckle, Odie, Nermal, and whomever else from that Cartoon- 17

Do hope my brethren just North of me here in Colorado (BeanCounterGrad'03 and eagle73) are doing well, considering the massive flooding occurring here right now. Reminds me waaay too much of Allison back in '01.

• Upvote 1

Has a dream last night that DT ran over 2 guys and was running all alone for a sure TD when he intentionally dropped the ball at the 10 yard line, thinking it was the end zone. Ball St picked it up and ran it back for a TD.

The interesting thing is I knew nothing about the Tech/TCU situation.

Hang on to that football, Derek. All the way through the endzone.