The only negative...

UNTstormchaser

If I am not mistaken I think more and more schools are doing away with rushing the field or court. There is just too much risk now especially with the high visibility sports and college sports has gotten. That said yes it would have been embarrassing storming the field.

And I know I am in the very very minority in this but I have never been a big fan of storming the field.

• Upvote 1

I agree that you should never rush the field after beating a non ranked opponent like ULL. It makes us look like we have never been in a winning situation before and Im sure most people watching the game last night would laugh if they saw us rush the field. I do wish we were allowed to go onto the field after the game and talk/take pictures with the players. When I went to the UNT vs. Clemson game in 2010, the whole stadium was allowed to go onto the field and take pictures with the players and Howard's rock after the game. This could build motivation for the players after a great win and allow fans to get more connected with the team.

I do wish we were allowed to go onto the field after the game and talk/take pictures with the players. When I went to the UNT vs. Clemson game in 2010, the whole stadium was allowed to go onto the field and take pictures with the players and Howard's rock after the game. This could build motivation for the players after a great win and allow fans to get more connected with the team.

Just speculation, but OT wages for security and other stadium staff could be an issue with something like this. This is where the Kickoff Cookout is nice so you can go on the field and meet the players and get autographs.

I agree that wages for security and stadium staff could be an issue. Its hard to remember but I dont think the stadium security/staff was really that involved after the game and players were allowed onto the field at the Clemson game. Im not one of those fans that always tries to compare UNT to bigger football programs but I think this could be a good deal for our program. The kickoff cookout is great but there should be more events like that throughout the season just in case people can not make it to that event

Are you guys friggin dense? ULL IS NOT THE FCKING POINT.

The point is that they prevent it AT ALLLLLLLL. Jesus Hector everybody...it isn't that complicated to understand.

The fact that you noticed they were going to try prevent it means you thought, if only for a moment, about rushing the field against U La-La. That, young man, is not a thought worthy of a North Texas student.

Beat the Aggies or a highly ranked team or a team with a great winning history and tradition? Go for it. Win the Belt? Absolutely. Random midseason game, even a good game against a decent opponent? What for? Sing the Alma Mater and then go to Fry St. or a frat house or something to celebrate and call it a day.

Good grief, sometimes reading this board makes me feel like I need a rulebook on when to cheer, when not to, when to rush the field, when not to etc. I wish we would just be grateful people are there and have pride for the program- even if they break your sports rules.

This is coming from a girl that doesn't know when/when not to cheer. So I am a little worried people are secretly seething that I'm cheering at the "wrong" times!

Edited by love north texas
  • Upvote 1

Good grief, sometimes reading this board makes me feel like I need a rulebook on when to cheer, when not to, when to rush the field, when not to etc. Sometimes I wish we would just be grateful people are there and have pride for the program- even if they break your sports rules.

This is coming from a girl that doesn't know when/when not to cheer. So I am a little worried people are secretly seething that I'm cheering at the "wrong" times!

You mean you didn't get a copy of the rulebook?

• Upvote 1

The point is that they prevent it AT ALLLLLLLL. Jesus Hector everybody...it isn't that complicated to understand.

Then why don't you just go for it next time we beat a decent SBC team and see if it goes viral? If it doesn't, I'll just sit back and enjoy the show.

On the security bit in general: they are a tad over-zealous at times.

There was once way back when at the Texas Southern game where I was walking around with my Muscles Glasses McCarney sign and one of the security supervisors stopped me and demanded that I left; apparently in his opinion, signs were not allowed. He didn't take me laughing him off very well.

At the Troy game, I came a bit more prepared with an email clearance from AD. Was still stopped when getting my ticket scanned and told to leave the sign outside. Absolutely ridiculous, but a flash of the email got me through.

I know their jobs are really unforgiving, but that's just nonsense.

*On a related note, while my wife and I were spending part of our honeymoon this summer in the Pacific Northwest, we stopped in Portland for a few days and happen upon a 30-block street fair. Thousands upon thousands of people milling about and having a good time, and not one security guard or police officer to be seen down the whole stretch of it all! I couldn't believe it - we had never been to a large event where the perceived need for police or security was non-existant. It made me feel that much safer to think that this sort of thing would not cause problems.

So, what else in life do you think we could be just civil and jovial about, rather than be paranoid and rack up security pay for?

But I think what everyone is trying to tell you is that ULL IS the point. Students can over-run them if they, corporately, really want to. Obviously, the students didn't really want to... and I'm so glad they chose not to.

If it were UT or A&M, I doubt anyone would have cared if security was in front of the gates, and in that scenario they probably would have been blocking the same way because that is their job. It's probably standard CSC policy that Rick V. or McCarney cannot trump.

Has to be a bit.

My thoughts exactly--he has to be trolling here, right? I'd be willing to bet that the OP knows that ULL has never had goal posts torn done after they lost to anyone...I applaud him for getting this to 5 pages!!

Just in case this is serious, though, I think you should really go big and plan to tear down those goal posts, NO MATTER WHAT, when we play South Alabama at home. Just Do It, pal, Just Do It!!!

• Upvote 1

Well this certainly blew up into a hot thread faster than expected.

I don't have the time nor energy (midterms...) to read all of the posts, but I'll take the -16 as meaning nearly everyone hated the post.

2 things.

1) I said it was debatable whether or not it was a field rush win. However, this WASN'T THE POINT.

2) The point was how ridiculous it is that they discourage it despite the fact that Mac has encouraged it, more than once, and Mr. Villareal has as well. Say that we get a name opponent in Apogee (since name is apparently all that matters, from what I've gathered...not a team's ranking), like for a fun example...Texas A&M. Let's hypothetically say that the Aggies are 6-1, ranked #15, and we beat them in the same dramatic manner we did yesterday. Does the security become a problem now? They were blocking every possible exit. The only way someone could get onto the field would be by using physical force to remove said security, and that likely wouldn't end well, unless a mass amount of people did it at once (unlikely, usually someone has to be the hero on their own).

So yeah. You all totally missed the point. I personally think that beating a near top 25 team after being down 14 in the second half, while on national TV nonetheless, is a worthy field rush game. If you don't, that's fine. That isn't the point. The point is how friggin absurd it is that we're being denied the opportunity, when every other freaking D1 FBS level college football program does not actively seek to prevent that.

Yes, they should discourage it from a liability standpoint. As soon as they say rush the field and someone gets trampled or hurt in an way the school will get the fire sued out of them. By blocking the entrances they show that they at least tried to discourage it. Alas as Green P1 said though, if 5000 students want to rush the field, 20 CSC staff ain't gonna be able to stop them.

BTW. If this is a bit, bravo sir, bravo. (Slow clap)

• Upvote 1

I'm not going to read through all this so if somebody already said, great minds think alike. I was in the student section and hoping you all wouldn't rush the field. However, if you wanted that security could not have stopped hundreds of students if yall had just went all at once non stop.