The only negative...

UNTstormchaser

Isn't it amazing how a win makes one forget any complaints they had during the game???

I can only really pick on one thing, and it isn't related to the team at all:

Why the flying frog did our AD hire a security team that prevents us from getting on the field after the game??? Now, it's debatable whether or not this was a field-rush worthy win (I would vote yes: ULL was 4-1 and had beaten Troy really badly at Troy, when we lost to Troy at home...and ULL had votes for the last top 25 poll, meaning that they were considered essentially a top 30-35 team..the only thing they lack is a big name like a KSU has), but that's moot. Mac has encouraged it more than once. The freaking AD supported it. Yet, here we are in the final moments of a come from behind upset win at home on national TV, and there is a security staff member blocking EVERY possible entrance.

This is ludicrous. This is a freaking college. That is what happens at college games. Why we're the only school in the country that actively seeks to PREVENT that from happening is not only retarded, but legitimately angering. I called one of the supervisors a few very naughty things that'd get me banned in a heartbeat if I posted it here. Me and many other students were very pissed off about the whole situation.

So, gmg world, what do you think? Am I overreacting by being legitimately pissed off? Do I have a point? give me thoughts.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 23

While watching this on TV I thought to myself...please please please don't rush the field.

It happens to often in circumstances where it's not warranted.

Rush by all means if your'e a big underdog and knock off a top 25 team. Rush by all means if you've just won your first conference title in 10 years. But please don't rush when you beat a Sun Belt team who was only favored to beat you by 4.5 pts.

• Upvote 6

oh dear Jesus... this wasn't even close to a field rush game

While watching this on TV I thought to myself...please please please don't rush the field.

It happens to often in circumstances where it's not warranted.

Rush by all means if your'e a big underdog and knock off a top 25 team. Rush by all means if you've just won your first conference title in 10 years. But please don't rush when you beat a Sun Belt team who was only favored to beat you by 4.5 pts.

Wouldn't expect a couple square old dudes to get it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Wouldn't expect a couple square old dudes to get it.

I'm a man!!! I'm 30!!!!

Granted I was there when we tore down the goal posts after beating NMSU(?) in our glory days. And it was a hell of a lot of fun carrying it around campus and then riding along with it in the back of a friends pick up to Fry Street as well.

• Upvote 2

Isn't it amazing how a win makes one forget any complaints they had during the game???

Why the flying frog did our AD hire a security team that prevents us from getting on the field after the game??? Now, it's debatable whether or not this was a field-rush worthy win (I would vote yes: ULL was 4-1 and had beaten Troy really badly at Troy, when we lost to Troy at home...and ULL had votes for the last top 25 poll, meaning that they were considered essentially a top 30-35 team..the only thing they lack is a big name like a KSU has), but that's moot. Mac has encouraged it more than once. The freaking AD supported it. Yet, here we are in the final moments of a come from behind upset win at home on national TV, and there is a security staff member blocking EVERY possible entrance.

This is ludicrous. This is a freaking college. That is what happens at college games. Why we're the only school in the country that actively seeks to PREVENT that from happening is not only retarded, but legitimately angering. I called one of the supervisors a few very naughty things that'd get me banned in a heartbeat if I posted it here. Me and many other students were very pissed off about the whole situation.

So, gmg world, what do you think? Am I overreacting by being legitimately pissed off? Do I have a point? give me thoughts.

Yes, you're overreacting and no, you don't have a point. It would have been emabarassing if people rushed the field. I'm guessing you don't have a lot of prior sports knowledge before coming to UNT because this was no where near worthy of a rushing of the field and its sad we're even discussing it...

• Upvote 5

I say save the field rushing for wins over ranked teams (unless we're ranked) and wins that guarantee a bowl birth, IMHO.

Regarding security, if most students felt it was an appropriate rushing moment, Security couldn't have stopped it. I bet most agreed that this win was important, but not big enough to warrant rushing the field. Last year, I don't recall field entrances being used. Looked like most were just dropping over the wall if I remember right.

Agree with not being field rushing worthy. It would have been mildly embarassing, but I would have probably defended the students if they would have done it. Heck, it's national TV, nice come from behind victory, encourages more students to come to games, etc... Would not have been a huge deal in my book. I'm sure I have seen field/court rushes in similar/lesser instances.

Go to college, have fun.

Edited by CurveItAround

I think they moved some security around after the student stormed the field in the 1st quarter.

Dear students: If you're going to storm the field in the middle of the game, do it naked, or don't do it at all!

This...You just don't half-ass running onto the field in the middle of the game.

Is the single biggest game in program history. In a dacade we'll look back on this game with either pride or grave disappointment. This is a rare opportunity to beat a better team at home on national TV, while showcasing the new stadium to the world. A win will put student pride at an all time high, it'll get the world to notice us, and it'll be the major turning point in the direction of this program. A loss means status quo, which is not okay with me at all.

According to UNTStormchaser, this was the SINGLE BIGGEST GAME IN PROGRAM HISTORY!

So why didn't he storm the field?!?!

I'm glad we didn't storm the field.

• Upvote 1

I think running onto the field after a "regular win" is lame and speaks of nuttiness! Yes, you are overreaching and doing so in a big way. Let's save this type of thing for a win that seals the conference title or some milestone win over a team like OU, etc.

GREAT win for the Mean Green, but certainly not field rushing stature. Just my opinion...NO harm no foul. Glad you ere there and even happier that you stayed to the end! Nice!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Rule #3: Profit

But seriously, you're upset because you could't rush the field, but "m fing eagles" during the fight song is cool?

These things make sense when you are 19.

Personally, I think the students should have rushed the field after the TSU game.

I mean, the 1st win of the year is huge, right?