Who's # 2 ?

NT03

OSU won their conference and proved it is worthy. Bama didn't even win the West Division of SEC and had their shot at home. OSU has earned its right to compete. Then let Bama wipe the turf with TCU and splattered frog in the Sugar Bowl, it will get the toads ready for what they will face in the Big 12-2. RG III for Heisman!!! :sword:

The argument for the BCS is that every game is a playoff. Bama was eliminated, so OSU.

No it's not, it's exactly the "opposite". From the very beginning, it was touted as the best means to pitting #1 vs. #2.

It might be a reach to say this but if Bama isn't in, then their own system has failed them.

Edited by greenminer

Okie lite is overrated. The Big 12 minus 2 is down big time this year. Bama is a Nick Bazaldua away from beating LSU by 6 in their earlier meeting. Outside of their own pair of Jeremy Knotts, Bama is the better football team.

I'm just happy for Okie lite. They get to go play foo foo cakeboy Pac12 football vs Stanford in the Fiesta Bowl. I'd hate to see how many carts would've been run out had they faced LSU.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Um, Bama lost to the #1 team in the nation and only undefeated team. OSU lost to a 6-6 team at the bottom of a mediocre conference.

I think Bama is the logical answer.

That's the winning reason why Bama and LSU get to rematch.

I'm in favor of the two best teams playing eachother. They just happen to be in the same conference this year.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Okie lite is overrated. The Big 12 minus 2 is down big time this year. Bama is a Nick Bazaldua away from beating LSU by 6 in their earlier meeting. Outside of their own pair of Jeremy Knotts, Bama is the better football team.

I'm just happy for Okie lite. They get to go play foo foo cakeboy Pac12 football vs Stanford in the Fiesta Bowl. I'd hate to see how many carts would've been run out had they faced LSU.

I'm not really a Big 12 fan, but where did the idea that the Big 12-2 was down this year come from? Sagarin has them as the #1 conference (not even close) and every other power ranking I have seen have them as 2 or 1. I agree that Bama is the second best team but the B12 has a ton of good teams and lots if parity.

Check out the number of wins OSU has against top 25 teams this season vs Alabama. Check out the number of wins against bowl bound teams OSU has vs Alabama. Stacked in favor of Alabama from the get-go..."Bama" didn't even win its division and was sitting home on the sofa when the games that mattered were played. If it matters who you play (and it looks like it doesn't) OSU should be playing for the title and "Bama should be in Arizona.

I hope the game isn't as boring as the first match-up...not one TD scored...where are all the "I hate soccer because it's so low scoring" folks on this one? Why not give a powerhouse offense a chance to see what it can do against that LSU defense?

Oh, well, it was not to be...good luck to LSU and Alabama...and good luck to OSU...go out to Arizona and light up that Stanford defense (and good luck hold Luck and the Stanford offense at bay as you did OU).

Full disclosure here...as many of you know I also hold a degree from OSU.

And...I don't think anyone should be calling them Okie Lite any longer...ask OU about that...44-10...hmmmmmmmm. Light my rear end. Ha!

Check out the number of wins OSU has against top 25 teams this season vs Alabama. Check out the number of wins against bowl bound teams OSU has vs Alabama. Stacked in favor of Alabama from the get-go..."Bama" didn't even win its division and was sitting home on the sofa when the games that mattered were played. If it matters who you play (and it looks like it doesn't) OSU should be playing for the title and "Bama should be in Arizona.

I hope the game isn't as boring as the first match-up...not one TD scored...where are all the "I hate soccer because it's so low scoring" folks on this one? Why not give a powerhouse offense a chance to see what it can do against that LSU defense?

Oh, well, it was not to be...good luck to LSU and Alabama...and good luck to OSU...go out to Arizona and light up that Stanford defense (and good luck hold Luck and the Stanford offense at bay as you did OU).

Full disclosure here...as many of you know I also hold a degree from OSU.

And...I don't think anyone should be calling them Okie Lite any longer...ask OU about that...44-10...hmmmmmmmm. Light my rear end. Ha!

You mean like Oregon and West Virginia? I'd rather see a LSU-Bama repeat than watch OSU lose 40 something to 20 something just like Oregon and WVU did.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2

I'm not really a Big 12 fan, but where did the idea that the Big 12-2 was down this year come from? Sagarin has them as the #1 conference (not even close) and every other power ranking I have seen have them as 2 or 1. I agree that Bama is the second best team but the B12 has a ton of good teams and lots if parity.

They lost Nebraska. They are down.

KA-POW! A post with the truth. OSU caught Texas and OU with injuries to its offensive stars. Lightning in a bottle, and they took advantage of it. They should be happy to catch OU and Texas in bad sorts, and count their lucky stars.

It's laughable to think OSU is in the same competitive atmosphere as LSU and Bama. Bama and LSU are the top two teams in the country, and it isn't even close or debatable. Oklahoma State couldn't even beat a 6-6 Iowa State squad. LSU? Get real. Thank goodness we don't have to watch LSU blow them out. LSU/Bama ensures a good, close match-up.

• Upvote 2

It's laughable to think OSU is in the same competitive atmosphere as LSU and Bama. Bama and LSU are the top two teams in the country, and it isn't even close or debatable. Oklahoma State couldn't even beat a 6-6 Iowa State squad. LSU? Get real. Thank goodness we don't have to watch LSU blow them out. LSU/Bama ensures a good, close match-up.

Isn't that exactly what everyone said about a Michigan/Ohio State rematch in the BCS title game a few years ago?

LSU = Ohio State

Bama = Michigan

OSU = Florida

What happened?