Just Got Home From The Game...

McKinneyMiner

First let me state that I am not in the habit of leaving games at halftime...

In fact, this is the earliest I have ever left a UNT game...

And the reason I left was simple: They simply have no chance to come back from that deficit... None...

Last week against ASU Baine was an unknown commodity and fared reasonably well...

This week with game film on him FIU just bottled up the run and dared him to pass... And we found out that he can't...

Dunbar is in for a long remainder of the season being as he is really the only offensive threat they possess... He has no chance given that they are keying on him as a runner and as a screen option...

Without the benefit of the semblance of vertical passing game UNT is absolutely doomed for the remainder of the year...

The quarterback injuries have finally caught up and it figures to only get worse as more tape is available for opponents on Baine...

The stupid penalties aren't helping and that I place on the shoulders of the coaches...

I think the team has heart, but no discipline... And without discipline they aren't even primed to pull a minor upset...

With WKU playing better every week we are staring a 1-11 season in the face and, the end of Dodge Ball...

I'd be surprised if they let go of TD before the end of the season, but he's out and there will be some kind of new look next year...

I'll be listening to the away games and going to the home games until then...

I know I'll regret this post tomorrow and I'll probably revert to some form of my usual optimism, but this is how I feel here and now...

And I'm sure I'm not wrong...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yet Dunbar only had 6 carries through almost 3 quarters. Go figure that one.

Right now in the 4th quarter Dunbar has 11 carries and Baine has 16... For a total of 35 yards between them...

And, yes, I know some of that is sacks of Baine but I'm just sayin'...

This is the way it figures to look for the rest of the season unless Baine suddenly starts airing it out...

You guys are better fans than I.

I have never not gone to a game when I had absolutely nothing to do that day. This was the first game that I haven't made by choice. I had absolutely nothing to do today, and I didn't feel like driving up to Denton and don't regret it one bit.

I cannot wait for basketball season to get here. For all of you who want to see some UNT wins go to the basketball games. You will be hooked and won't be disappointed.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I just got home from the game as well and there was a steady stream out when I left after the halftime show. Even Joe Greene left after the half. I couldn't take it any longer. It may be the poorest effort by the Mean Green in recent memory. Had we been playing Kansas State it would have been 60-0 at the half.

I understand the injuries but our offensive line, with four of the original starting five, has been manhandled. I'm shocked that Dunbar, Baine and others didn't get seriously hurt. My condolences to Will Atterberry who wasn't quite so lucky.

I watched it on Gameplan and was about to fall asleep. Why is it that one team looks like a college football team and the other a high school squad? I like Cristobal - he has developed a team over his years there and Dodge and run ours into the ground. Really shocking.

The first thing I want our new coach to do is get rid of that puke high school looking green we wear! I mean it will always remind me of these tragic years of Dodgeball and I don't want to remember much from this era. We look small. We look weak in toothpaste green. We look disinterested. It is time for a COMPLETELY new start! Use the stadium as a excuse to change every terrible thing about this program as it currently now sits.

Go Alma Mater! I love the University of North Texas!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Right now in the 4th quarter Dunbar has 11 carries and Baine has 16... For a total of 35 yards between them...

And, yes, I know some of that is sacks of Baine but I'm just sayin'...

This is the way it figures to look for the rest of the season unless Baine suddenly starts airing it out...

Its pretty freakin hard to air it out when Baine is running for his life on every pass play because we have not picked up the blitz for 2 weeks !! Thank the football gods he has speed to make something happened or we would of had more than just 3 sacks tonight. Coach "C" must roll him out more if this is what the "O" line is going to give him for protection.

i left with 9 min left in the 3rd....first time i have ever walked out early...cant put up with this anymore..

We stayed in the parking lot where we could see the jumbo-tron, my seats were very comfortable, my food was near by and I had my choice of drinks. I felt the like I had a cup on for the kick in the nuts tonight vs being in the stands.

Edited by KingDL1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

We stayed in the parking lot where we could see the jumbo-tron, my seats were very comfortable, my food was near by and I had my choice of drinks. I felt the like I had a cup on for the kick in the nuts tonight vs being in the stands.

Wish i had done the same! i was a Dodge Supporter up until this season....now I'm just sad that i wont see a home win my entire 4 year undergrad career....

I spent the first quarter in the student section, but not wanting to listen to all the negative comments and watching the students mass migration first hand after homecoming court was announced, I went to sit with my parents on the alumni side. We left at the end of the third quarter. I could not take it anymore being down 31 to FIU. I did listen on the radio on the way home...

I spent the first quarter in the student section, but not wanting to listen to all the negative comments and watching the students mass migration first hand after homecoming court was announced, I went to sit with my parents on the alumni side. We left at the end of the third quarter. I could not take it anymore being down 31 to FIU. I did listen on the radio on the way home...

I was watching the game on MG premium in Houston...turned if off just before the half...had enough...just pathetic !!!! Plan to cancel MG premium and cancel my plans to attend the K state game...wow, that game will be a joke...kinda of like the last 4 years (really 6 years now).

NT is the doormat of the SBC and 1-A football!

I'm sure that is how it seemed in Rod Rusts last year around MG County, ie, on the eve of our hiring Coach Hayden Fry; you know, the last UNT HFC who finished above .500 in W/L's; who still has given us our biggest all time win but....... still doesn't even have even a conference room named afer him? We do strange things in Denton in the name of "upward mobility" but we keep showing up in the subterranean depths of an already lightly regarded Sun Belt Conference of which La Tech still tries to hang in with the WAC to avoid? :blink:

Sorry I wasn't there to share in the misery but I still have to work most Saturdays in my DJ business, but I can listen to different segments of the delved out pain on the MGRN. There seems to be enough of it to spread around for all of us to feel.

Many of us are ready for a winning, Top 25 football program in Denton now that we will finally have the stage to do such and even more ready for the one who will bring it. The time is now to start planning for this kind of future and to leave the low goal-setting of the past behind us forever--just like perrenial SWC doormat TCU has done and of course, my favorite model for UNT, ie, the Boise State Broncos who few knew about when we were both in the Big West. We can do this.

GMG!

• Downvote 2

i left with 9 min left in the 3rd....first time i have ever walked out early...cant put up with this anymore..

Our clan left with 3 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. I hated to leave too but we made the decision to save money on the babysitter rather than sit in misery for a whole 2nd half.

At least the tailgating was good and the weather was awesome (a little breezy at times trying to light the grill)

Yet Dunbar only had 6 carries through almost 3 quarters. Go figure that one.

College experienced offensive coordinator that some here want to hire as the next head coach perhaps? The offensive game plan last evening gave UNT absolutely ZERO chance of winning that game last evening. I know you have to "water it down" for a 4th team QB making his first few D1 starts, but that was ridiculous. It was obvious in the first couple of possessions that something needed to be changed...it wasn't. result...obvious.

And, once again...or should I say "still"...tackling on the D-side of the ball was poor at best. Still cannot figure out how such an experienced college D-Coordinator cannot get his players to understand the very basics in tackling skills. To me, that is coaching...has nothing to do with whether you think you have the right players suited up or even on the roster. Again, a pretty amazing display of the lack of this skill on the defensive side of the ball.

I really do have to admit...that was one bad game last evening. I am having trouble trying to remain positive about that display from our two coordinators and HC last evening.

OK, on the plus side...special teams looked a bit better...nice FG and nice return, punting still a plus (but still too many punts). It was sad to see so many people leave that game so early...and on homecoming no less.

Wish i had done the same! i was a Dodge Supporter up until this season....now I'm just sad that i wont see a home win my entire 4 year undergrad career....

Yeah man it sucks, im starting to feel that way. Luckily I have one more year left to see this team turn it around. I wanna know the feeling of leaving the student side after a win with everyone excited about the win they had just seen, not depressed about the 1 point loss.

• Upvote 1

College experienced offensive coordinator that some here want to hire as the next head coach perhaps? The offensive game plan last evening gave UNT absolutely ZERO chance of winning that game last evening. I know you have to "water it down" for a 4th team QB making his first few D1 starts, but that was ridiculous. It was obvious in the first couple of possessions that something needed to be changed...it wasn't. result...obvious.

And, once again...or should I say "still"...tackling on the D-side of the ball was poor at best. Still cannot figure out how such an experienced college D-Coordinator cannot get his players to understand the very basics in tackling skills. To me, that is coaching...has nothing to do with whether you think you have the right players suited up or even on the roster. Again, a pretty amazing display of the lack of this skill on the defensive side of the ball.

I really do have to admit...that was one bad game last evening. I am having trouble trying to remain positive about that display from our two coordinators and HC last evening.

OK, on the plus side...special teams looked a bit better...nice FG and nice return, punting still a plus (but still too many punts). It was sad to see so many people leave that game so early...and on homecoming no less.

:o Ok, it's now officially hit rock bottom. When KRAM1 doesn't pick up his pomp pomps until the very end of his post, and then only gives them a furtive shake, then things have gotten really bad.....I mean REALLY BAD. :o........ ;)

• Upvote 1

Not trying to make excuses for the D-Coordinator, but I would like to point out that these are supposedly D1 level college football players. Everyone, from top to bottom on this roster shouldn't have to be shown the basics of how to tackle. They should have learned that in peewee football, and just gotten better throughout HS. This team is just plain bad. Give me the bunker mentality of Dickey and call me a mother &@%#er. This experiment has gone terribly wrong.

I'd rather be a verbally abused customer.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 2