Mean Green Schedule Predictions

Harry

@ Clemson - Loss 42-14 - Clemson is just too strong and their refs eat too many breakfasts with the coaching staff...check does cash.

RICE - Loss 35 - 24 - Mean Green come to play for the home crowd but in the end, Rice has too much offensive talent. Rice has a Bama transfer at QB (Nick Fanuzzi) and a Michigan transfer at RB (Sam McGuffie) and their entire O-Line is back. I predict Lance will have a field day against their defense but not enough.

@Army - Loss 21-20 - I would love to say that North Texas beats Army on the road but with Army returning 16 starters it will be a dog fight. Had Army beten Navy last season they would have been a bowl team.

@ Florida Atlantic Win 35-21 - Yes, the curse of Schnelly will come to an end this season! Mean Green get rid of the goose egg and pick up the road win.

Schnelly announces retirement in press conference after game.

ULL - Win 20-17 - I think ULL will still be emotionally down after losses to Georgia, Ark St and MTSU and North Texas will be high after a big win on the road against Fla Atl. Plus they owe us one after last years debacle. Ominous season for ULL with games against Georgia, Oklahoma State and Ole Miss!! Gotta pay the bills I guess.

Ark State - Loss 28-14 - I think that Arky State will be tough this year with Roberts fighting for his gig and veteran defensive and offensive lines returning.

FIU (Homecoming) - Win 40-23 - Mean Green roll with Dunbar gaining over 200 yards and a 300 yard passing peformance from.....

Off Week

@WKU - Win 21-3 - Mean Green roll at WKU who is still adjusting to a new system and head coach. WKU still reeling from a first four consisting of @ Nebraska, @Kentucky, Indiana and @USF.

Troy - Loss 17-6 - Troy is just too talented. MTSU gets a lot of raves about their QB Dasher but look up and down the roster and Troy may still be the most talented team in the Belt.

@Middle Tennessee Win 27-23 - I will go out on a limb and say the Mean Green rebound and catch the Blue Raiders napping after an off week. Biggest win of the season for Dodge.

@ULM - Win 35-21. Monroe drilled us last season but they lose 12 starters and have a new coach and new system.

Kansas State - Loss 35 - 7 - K-State is just too big and too strong to handle even at home.

6 wins 6 losses in 2010!!

I expect 5 cigarettes from each of you if my guess is the closest at the end of the season

Clemson - Loss 38-10

Rice - Win 21-20

Army - Loss 24-14

FAU - Loss 31-28

ULL - Win 23-21

Ark State - Loss 27-21

FIU - Win 31-27

WKU - Win 55-42

Troy - Win 28-27

MTSU - Loss 35-10

ULM - Win 23-7

Kansas State - Loss 54-27

6 and 6

• Upvote 1

Clemson 52-17 Loss

Rice 35-28 Loss

Army 24-20 Loss

FAU 38-33 Loss

ULL 31-28 Loss

Ark St. 34-20 Loss

FIU 31-24 WIN

WKU 55-45 WIN

Troy 48-20 Loss

Middle TN 42-24 Loss

ULM 31-21 Win

K St. 45-17 Loss

Really hope I'm wrong and the big turnaround happens this year, but there are just way too many question marks and everything, and I mean everything, would have to fall perfectly into place for this team to win 6 or 7 games. I really, really, really really hope it does. It would make me very happy to be proven wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Clemson - Loss 45-20

Rice - Loss 34-31

Army - Win 31-17

FAU - Win 45-24

ULL - Win 35-31

Arky State - Win 27-24

FIU - Win 38-31

WKU - Win 45-24

Troy - Loss 38-27

MTSU - Loss 45-34

ULM - Win 28-17

Kansas State - Loss 48-24

7-5. Now, git'r done! Better yet, prove me wrong on those 5 I picked for losses!

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

Clemson - Loss 38-24

Rice - Win 41-27

Army - Win 31-20

FAU - Win 38-24

ULL - Win 41-31

Arky State - Win 31-24

FIU - Win 38-21

WKU - Win 45-10

Troy - Loss 31-28

MTSU - Loss 38-31

ULM - Win 38-24

Kansas State - Loss 38-20

8-4 and hopefully a bowl game!

OK, I'll play...everyone knows how great I am at predicting UNT wins!!!! Take it to the bank....

Clemson - L

Rice -W

Army - W

FAU - L

ULL - W

Ark St - W

FIU - W

W KY - W

Troy - L

MTSU - L

ULM - W

K St - L

Overall 7-5 - And so it shall be...unless it is 8-4, 9-3, 10-2, 11-1 or 12-0!!!! GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 2

@ Clemson: L (10-49) - Death Valley proves to be just that for us. Hopefully we get out without injuries. Clemson is good on their word and leaves the money on the nightstand.

Rice: L (30-31) - Big crowd to start the season again this year. We play them close, but the guys still can't quite close the game out. Panic runs rampant here on GMG.com as this game was considered by many as a must-win.

@Army: W (21-20) - Defense steps it up a little bit and UNT comes out of West Point with a close win to avenge last season. Confidence restored here on GMG.com for a little while. DeLoach is being praised by all.

@ FAU: L (35-27) - Defense regresses as Schnelly the puppetmaster pulls the Mean Green strings again.

ULL: L (24-27) - Team recognizes the close losses as still being competitive. They don't give up yet. Unfortunately, many on GMG.com do....

ASU (Family Weekend): W (28-24) - The guys finally win a nailbiter against a team not named the Hilltoppers. They put on a good show in front of a pretty good sized home crowd.

FIU (Homecoming): W (40-31) - Everything clicks on homecoming. Derek Thompson has worked his way to starting QB and he has a monster day.

BYE now, Lance should be close to (if not past) 1,000 yds. and hopefully he is gaining national attention for it. Optimism is abounding here on GMG.com!

@WKU: W (52-38) - The score for a football game between UNT and WKU usually resembles a good defensive basketball game. This one will be high-scoring, but not as poor defensively. Lance goes for over 300 all purpose yards! We're 4-4 now and the kool-aid is flowing.

Troy: L (17-30) - The house is packed for this one! Troy and their hooligan thugs prove to be too much for the Mean Green. Panic sets in again here on GMG.com.

@MT: L (20-44) - The wheels come off on this one. Too many mistakes and too much Dasher.

@ULM: W (33-30) - UNT gets out to an early lead and it takes a defensive stand to keep this one from getting away. We're 5-6 and set to become bowl eligible in our finale! KSU is not doing well in Big 12(10) play and many on GMG.com are calling for a Mean Green win.

KSU: L (45-10) - K-State shows us how far away we still are...

Final Record: 5 wins & 7 losses. The offseason will be very eventful. I really want to be wrong about this.

@ Clemson - L. Child, please.

RICE - L. It'll be closer than last game, but too much firepower at Rice.

@Army - W. Army returns a bunch of starters, but so does the MG. I think the MG will be a bit more able to use ball control tactics this year, and if they can convert 3rd downs with any kind of consistency, they will beat teams like Army, who has little team speed, and whom UNT should have been beaten last year.

@ Florida Atlantic L. Not when you're 0-fer and against the Owls at home.

ULL - W.

Ark State - L. UNT will struggle offensively.

FIU (Homecoming) - W. The kind of game UNT will win this year.

Off Week

@WKU - W. No reason for anything but a convincing win here.

Troy - L. Troy is still the class of the league, and much deeper than MTSU, whom everybody is picking this year. I don't see it. 34-17.

@Middle Tennessee L. If this game was at home, I might pick an upset.

@ULM - W. Should be a win here, but might be closer than expected.

Kansas State - L. Wildcats are too deep.

5-7--and frankly will be a coin flip between that and 4-8, IMO.

Edited by LongJim

Clemson - Loss 45-10 - It's going to be a long day

Rice - Win 24-21 - I nearly have a heart attack as a last second field goal attempt is blocked!

Army - Win 17-16 - Our linebackers/D-line step up and contain the run game for the most part.

FAU - Win 21-17 - We have to win against them eventually?

ULL - Win 28-14 - We execute and minimze turnovers!

Ark State - Loss - 31-24

FIU - Win 31 - 21 - We take care of business at homecoming!

WKU - Win 42-17 - We are better than last year, I think we finally get some separation in our wins!

Troy - Loss 35-17 - Still too much for us to handle

MTSU - Loss 42-21 See above

ULM - Win 35-10 - Defense steps up after to difficult outings

Kansas State - Loss 38-31 - Close, but not quite there

7-5 and another year for Dodger? Maybe I'm just a big homer.

Clemson - Loss 63-27

Rice - Loss 35-34

Army - Win 31-13 (big time over-achieving really bad football team, they won't win 5 this year)

FAU - Loss 24-20 (the curse continues)

ULL - Win 34-17

Arky St. - Loss 27-21

FIU - Win 42-20

WKU - Win 63-62

Troy - Loss 34-21 (Troy wins the SBC again)

MTSU - Win 24-23 (We're at our best against them when they're so sexy)

ULM - Win 18-15

K. State - Loss 27-23

6 and 6.

Just guesses like everyone else.. but why not?

Clemson: 44 - 20 (L)- NT Defense is overwhelmed, but show signs of improvement.

Rice: 38 - 24 (L)- Late comeback insnt enough, but Thompson improving.

Army: 35 - 28 (L)- Still no answer for Army, but stay close in game.

FAU: 31 - 14 (W)- NT due for win against Schnellenberger. Dunbar runs for 250.

ULL: 35 - 27 (W)- Cajuns play tough game, NT Defense makes difference late.

ASU: 35 - 24 (L)- 1st half lead hurts. NT secondary "bends" too much.

FIU: 38 - 21 (W)- FIU is on the rise, but has no answer for Dunbar.

WKU: 42 - 17 (W)- Blowout game. Hilltopper mistakes are NT opportunities.

Troy: 38 - 20 (L)- Good game from Thompson, but NT Defense struggles against pass.

MTSU: 45 - 14 (L)- The MUTS are likely SBC Champs. Too strong on both sides of ball

ULM: 38 - 28 (L)- Dunbar and Thompson do well, NT secondary struggles but competes.

K.State 45 - 14 (L)- Wildcats Bowl eligible,Dunbar gets NT single season rush record.

Season outcome: NT goes 4-8. Lance Dunbar, Tyler Stradford, Kelvin Drake - 1st Team All-SBC, Derek Thompson, Jamaal Jackson, Tevin Cantly, and Craig Roberston - 2nd Team All-Sunbelt.

• Upvote 1

I agree with Don Harry's predictions and assessment of the upcoming season.

However, will the Nacion de Mean Green be happy with a 6-6 season which will surely guarantee El Jefe Dodge of a couple more seasons.... just sayin.

By the way, Muchas Gracias Don Harry for this forum.

• Upvote 1

Clemson: 49 - 21 (L)

Rice: 35 - 21 (W)-

Army: 35 - 14 (W)- .

FAU: 42 - 35 (W)-

ULL: 35 - 24 (W)-

ASU: 35 - 21 (L)-

FIU: 38 - 21 (W)-

WKU: 42 - 21 (W)-

Troy: 42- 21 (L)-

MTSU: 42- 14 (L)-

ULM: 35-28 (W)-

K.State 45 - 14 (L)

We finish 7-5 and go to New Orleans, this is just a prediction don't take it serious.

• Upvote 1

Clemson - L

Rice -W

Army - W

FAU - L

ULL - W

Ark St - L

FIU - L

W KY - W

Troy - L

MTSU - L

ULM - W

K St - L

5-7. I want to believe a turnaround can happen...but it is impossible to find the wins on the schedule without having seen our new QB(4th in 4 seasons! Yeah!) and kicking game in action.

Clemson - L 41-24 (It's Clemson there but we show some flashes and the Clemson coaches say post game, "that teams gonna win some games this year)

Rice - W 45-31 (Offense breaks out, their defense is worse than ours)

Army - L 20-17 OT (Close but Army wins an ugly one)

FAU - W 45-31 (We were close last year, they have a new QB)

ULALA - W 31- 24 (Again, should have won last year)

ASU - W 31-20 (Again Again, within 4 points a year ago, we start to figure out how to close)

FIU - W 38-24 (Defense finding its groove and starts believing, Tune successfully directing the offense)

WKU - W 58-40 (WKU still can't stop us, championship talk starting)

Troy - W 24-21 (Sloppy game, UNT learns how to win)

MTSU - L 35-32 (MTSU wins a classic conference show down. If we were at Fouts, the result would be flipped)

ULM - W 42-31 (UNT takes out the previous loss on the Warhawks, starts getting in the bowl picture)

KSU - L 42-38 (UNT pulls out all the stops on the last game at fouts but in the end a special teams TD by KState is the difference)

8-4 Bowl Bid (possibly New Orleans depending on MTSU?)

When I look at this year's schedule and I look at the close losses we had last year, I think we win those games this year by simply not turning the ball over. That's why unless Tune just tanks in fall practice, I think this team is his. I don't see us putting the offense in another Freshman's (practically a freshman's) hands. Untimely turnovers were the death of this team last year. If Tune takes care of the ball, we will win some games.

I think experience (coaching and playing) pays off this year.

• Upvote 1

13-0 or maybe 0-12? I just don't know. Ever since day one of the Dodge era, my crystal ball has been seriously fogged up in regard to this team. Turnaround or more of the same? We shall see soon enough, but I do think we'll be able to put a lot of points on the board if we can somehow hold on to the ball and have at least average special teams. How well the defense will perform this year is something that I am totally clueless about, but I think my predictive abilities will start to improve after the first two games.

Clemson - Loss 45-10

Rice - Win 21-17

Army - Win 28-10

FAU - Win 28-14

ULL - Loss 21-14

Ark State - Win 21-14

FIU - Win 35-10

WKU - Win 45-7

Troy - Loss 28-10

MTSU - Loss 35-10

ULM - Win 21-10

Kansas State - Loss 35-31