North Texas Portal Entry Thread

TheReal_jayD

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

Not one single person advocated for getting rid of almost every offensive starter - even me who was never convinced this offense was that special. 

What some of the people on here don't understand is that this team had great chemistry even in the dark days of the 4 game losing streak. Listen to the player interviews, especially the seniors. They wanted to build something but that wasn't the direction. When you tell some to leave, it affects everyone in the locker room. In addition when some stars leave, it becomes a virus. Processing all the dang paperwork must be a chore in itself for this staff.   

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

32 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Well, Adaway is celebrating an Ark State offer on Twitter 

He is from Arkansas so I don’t see that as a big deal. I’m sure he would like to play his last season closer to his friends and family.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

He is from Arkansas so I don’t see that as a big deal. I’m sure he would like to play his last season closer to his friends and family.

Final college year. NFL prospects aren’t incredibly high (this isn’t hating on him). Going back home seems more than reasonable for him and I hope he thrives if Ark State is his landing spot! 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I have to say, I've not been a fan of all of his tweets but this one, I like. Not everybody in the portal was encouraged to leave as was suggested might be the case. That said, the staff seems to be pressing forward. I'm know coach O won't be here forever but while he's here, he seems determined to make this program the best he can make it.

*you’re.  To me, the guy is obnoxious.  But if he somehow has this magic connection with recruits I’m good with it.  What an annoying era of CFB, jeez. 

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

While true, what Kinne inherited at Texas State is a far cry from what Morris inherited here.

In hindsight, the mass exodus should/could have happened after he was hired.  He was hesitant due to the team coming off of a 7 win season.  This next season will truly be his team. Let’s see what happens when he has his recruited players. I’m disappointed in seeing some of our guys leave, but I’m excited to see next seasons on field product. 

Edited by Glory to the Green
  • Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

8 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Full rebuild seemed to work for Texas State. Going to their first ever bowl game after cleaning house. 

I don’t mean this to diminish anything they accomplished, but most of their wins were against TERRIBLE teams.

Edit:  I’ll give you Ga. Southern and S. Alabama as not terrible teams.

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

This one bothers me. Young, RS Freshman that became a starter this year. Why would he leave?

We lost a lot of our productive defensive starters to the portal last year. We lost most of our productive offensive starters this year. Until we see evidence of reloading, I'm concerned.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, wardly said:

YTD we have 23 players in the portal which is twice as many as any other program that I am aware of. This seems more like leaving a sinking ship rather then just testing the waters.

Uh oh, you said the quiet part out-loud.  

• Upvote 6