***OFFICIAL UTSA vs. UNT Game Day Discussion***

Coach Andy Mac

16 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

As they say about hindsight ....

It is clear now that while Morris might have presented a good plan, his estimations for defense were completely missed. The question becomes, can he adjust and admit that his defensive vision was wrong? My concern is that the coaches from the Leach Tree have very little success when it comes to the defensive side of the ball.

Agreed. 9 games into the season. Defense is awful. What has Morris done to fix things at this point in the season? It's the same thing week after week after week after week after week after week after week after week after week...and the defense is consistently W E A K!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Professor Lambeau said:

Agreed. 9 games into the season. Defense is awful. What has Morris done to fix things at this point in the season? It's the same thing week after week after week after week after week after week after week after week after week...and the defense is consistently W E A K!

Read that the new HC at Colorado demoted his OC and has someone else calling plays this week. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

I disappointed that 9 weeks into this season more hasn't been done to fix our defense. We have had the worst run defense in the country from day one, and Caponi hasn't don't enough to change that. UTSA just killed 5 minutes off the clock to kick our ass. Morris needs to answer for this. I know I've said evaluate at the end of the season, and then fire Caponi, but this is just total embarrassment. FIRE CAPONI NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't care who coaches the defense for the rest of the season. This season is lost anyway. I tired of watching this crap! And, judging by the turnout today, everyone else is tired of this crap too.

Edited by Side.Show.Joe
  • Upvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 2

1 minute ago, jtm0097 said:

Well, the season's over. Let's hope SMU doesn't hang 50 on us next week. We're not going to a bowl game. The transfer portal opens up December 4th. I hope we can get some decent depth and size on the defense. 

What a disappointment of a season. 

The season never started for Caponi. Our defense has allowed at least one 100 yard rusher in every game this season (and yes, that includes the Abilene Christian game)! Le that sink in.

• Upvote 6

20 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

The season never started for Caponi. Our defense has allowed at least one 100 yard rusher in every game this season (and yes, that includes the Abilene Christian game)! Le that sink in.

In the first half for most everyone of them as well. 

21 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

I am more concerned with over 200 yards rushing by almost every team we’ve played.  UTSA got 184 yards the first half.  I don’t know how they let us back in the game.  I wasn’t able to get ESPN+ on the plane.

All three of these past games, i don't know why their teams stopped running. That's all they had to do. Keep rushing. It's not even close if they just kept doing that. It's like their RBs get gassed and they have to pass. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

All three of these past games, i don't know why their teams stopped running. That's all they had to do. Keep rushing. It's not even close if they just kept doing that. It's like their RBs get gassed and they have to pass. 

I heard UTSA ran 3 straight pass plays to open the second half to go 3 and out.  It like the Offensive Coordinators just barely want to cover the spreads.  

• Upvote 2

My biggest issue with our losses to Tulane, Memphis, and UTSA is the amount of mistakes we're making. Against Tulane, it was repeated dropped passes to kill drives in the first half. Against Memphis, it was the 3 holding calls on kick returns that had us start deep in our territory to start drives. Against UTSA, it's the 3 turnovers. None of this is aided by the fact that we haven't forced a turnover in 2 games but the misfires are killing us. Coaching needs to get better on all fronts.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jtm0097 said:

Well, the season's over. Let's hope SMU doesn't hang 50 on us next week. We're not going to a bowl game. The transfer portal opens up December 4th. I hope we can get some decent depth and size on the defense. 

What a disappointment of a season. 

The season was over after the 1st half of the Cal game. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

If we had a bad defense it would be an improvement to what we are putting on the field.  I think a lot has to do with coaching and the fact SL left the cupboard bare for Morris.  If Morris wants to be here for awhile he may want to replace that DC sooner rather then later.  If not for UNT  then for his family.

Two more thoughts- would someone tell the game show host on the field that it is not necessary to yell into the microphone.

The DJ volume could we taken down a couple of decibels.  That want the crowd to be loud but you couldn't hear over the DJ music.  I know it is for the children but man you cant talk to the guy next to you during the game.

Sad I now go to the games excepting to lose.  Makes it easier to be a fan.  Yeah on the uniforms if I didn't know it was us and randomly turn on the TV I would not know what teams was playing.  Maybe that is the point.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1