So we really can't criticize the head coach, eh?

TripleGrad

53 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Tried that yesterday...still went poof. But what I could pick up from that is that there are some (small/significant?) changes in the background going on, and honestly it's smart to not put it all out there until ready. Lack of transparency, but it's still a privately owned board.

So, yes, I think something is afoot, and we'll have to endure a bit of micromanaging until then. 

I'm not crazy about it, and I certainly don't like being told I can't be critical of my team. But I'll give my b*tching a break and see what happens. 

If I don't like it...We can open our own forum. With blackjack and hookers.

image.png.50dd829e3bcfb6a444e64373c8f1afee.png

Craig James Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

Did somebody say hookers???

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

But they allow the smut’s to post anytime and anything. Last time I looked they had their own fan forum and this one is still called go mean green. 

If you’re going to censor then censor those antagonists from smut not our own fans. 

C’mon 

This I agree with 100%. Sad that this board values getting views so highly that they allow SMU material to stay on the F'ing UNT Football board.

• Upvote 7
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Pissed 1

6 minutes ago, keith said:

As many have said in the past, compared to other schools, the jobs of AD and head football coach at UNT are probably the easiest in major college football as they are protected from criticism and not held accountable for performance.

So do all you pro firing folks really believe Morris should have been fired two games in? Good grief!

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 3

1 hour ago, Green Otaku said:

It is asinine, but people should be able to post their asinine opinions as long as they don't contain threats or anything inappropriate. 

Absolutely, and being on a privately owned board, the owners can freely moderate them as they choose.

I personally don't see this as a big deal.  And it wasn't a big deal when my shit got edited out, either.

Lastly, we've had a group leave gmg.com before to form their own message board.  Both communities seem to be doing fine.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 hour ago, untbowler said:

did you watch the first 2 games, which was embarrassing and then the 3rd game where team nearly blew a 17 pt lead with under 5 min left?

This should not be a rebuilding year.

I sure did. They look like a 3 week old coaching staff and team still figuring some things out about each other. You can say it’s not a rebuild until you’re blue in the face. That doesn’t make it true. Maybe it’s not a rebuild like prior UNT coaches have walked into, but nobody was bragging about how great this football program was set up for the future at the end of last season.

• Upvote 6
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

I have never been part of a bye-week conspiracy before.  

I don't know the answers.

But publicly questioning the mods will get things deleted at times. If you have a question, send Harry a PM, unless you know which mod enforced something. Then you can PM them or Harry.

Before you PM me, I don't know the answers to questions raised in this thread. it seems like nice scandalous bye week material though. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

37 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

So do all you pro firing folks really believe Morris should have been fired two games in? Good grief!

I thought this thread (based on the title) was supposed to be about criticizing the coaching staff or if it's even permissible.  The fire issue was a different thread.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hunter Green said:

That doesn’t really matter. Everyone with a brain understood no one would be fired. It was simply a way for many to voice the degree and depth of their frustration.  

Many have been around a very long time and have witnessed this same ole pattern year after year after year. 

It’s been building for awhile. Morris just happen to come on board when the pimple was ready to pop. 

He won’t get a grace period. There is no honeymoon this time around. He needs to find a way to win and win big this year, right now. He needs to coach like he’s never coached before. 

Time is of the essence. 

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

I feel like I've stepped back into the golden era of message boarding again. mod complaints. spin off boards. conspiracy theories. I love it. 

can't do this on tik tok. well, maybe you can but I certainly don't have the money for a manicure to do that hand thing everyone does. 

meanwhile, for the n00bs: 

https://csnbbs.com/forum-303.html < -- talk to side show joe. 
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/meanandgreen/north-texas-football-forum-f3/?sid=fee87dd0e2dadb358c1e6879510c6742 < -- look at ads and accidentally click one while trying to read A Good Caws
https://www.reddit.com/r/meangreen/ < -- talk to largekfcbucket and maybe convince him to mod this subreddit

and last and least https://forum.meangreennation.com < -- where i'm mostly trying to hedge against twitter being elon'd. I can't promise I will like your posts. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

I have never been part of a bye-week conspiracy before.  

I don't know the answers.

But publicly questioning the mods will get things deleted at times. If you have a question, send Harry a PM, unless you know which mod enforced something. Then you can PM them or Harry.

Before you PM me, I don't know the answers to questions raised in this thread. it seems like nice scandalous bye week material though. 

Since there are a lot or moderators, perhaps a useful feature would be to indicate which moderator deleted/removed/hid a thread or for the moderator to message the the thread OP or the person with the post that caused the thread to be removed with the reason.  That way people don't have to bother Harry all the time.  

• Upvote 3
  • Pissed 1