Unis

Hunter Green

not uniform talk, well maybe fan uniforms.  I saw this on my Facebook account anyone know if this is legit.

https://supaskull.com/product/ntk-ss0327-air-force-sneakers/?utm_campaign=gjunGfmYPz&utm_campaign=23858969740720595&fbclid=IwAR1dBUSF9U99GeMYb5hbVKkBRigLHMplISjBpt2tp1jLH8tD2LA60zYKWTc

UNT sneakers?

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

LOL... real original, coogs

Joseph Hoyt on X: "SMU will wear the new blue alternate ...

I don't understand how this compares. UH is literally the University of Houston. SMU shares nothing with Dallas but geographic location. Most people I knew who went to SMU were from the Collin County suburbs, Highland Park, or out of state.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, southsideguy said:

not uniform talk, well maybe fan uniforms.  I saw this on my Facebook account anyone know if this is legit.

https://supaskull.com/product/ntk-ss0327-air-force-sneakers/?utm_campaign=gjunGfmYPz&utm_campaign=23858969740720595&fbclid=IwAR1dBUSF9U99GeMYb5hbVKkBRigLHMplISjBpt2tp1jLH8tD2LA60zYKWTc

UNT sneakers?

I've seen these, and even considered buying, until I researched the company that is selling them.   Order at your own risk. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I don't understand how this compares. UH is literally the University of Houston. SMU shares nothing with Dallas but geographic location. Most people I knew who went to SMU were from the Collin County suburbs, Highland Park, or out of state.

I don’t understand why we are concerned about either of these schools or their uniforms. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I don’t understand why we are concerned about either of these schools or their uniforms. 

I agree, however, being from Dallas proper, their whole "Dallas" branding frustrates me. Especially knowing how the general University Park and Highland Park population feels about most of Dallas. I felt compelled to answer. My apologies. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I agree, however, being from Dallas proper, their whole "Dallas" branding frustrates me. Especially knowing how the general University Park and Highland Park population feels about most of Dallas. I felt compelled to answer. My apologies. 

Oh, I agree. I think their “Dallas” theme is ridiculous. The brilliance of it is that folks on a national level don’t realize how unimportant SMU is to Dallas and believe the message. 

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

10 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

i'm just saying if you change the shade of blue, these unis are almost identical

1200x0.jpg

E7T68u8VEAUZoDb.jpg

1200x0.jpg

Holgorsen_Dana__2_.JPG

I think, other than color and script, it looks more like UH’s regular uniform than SMU’s but because they are both designed by Nike certain similarities are hard to avoid. You are really stretching here.

• Puking Eagle 1

Better than SMUt's "Dallas" attempts, we should embrace Frisco and try to get their support (we certainly don't get it from Denton) with a "Frisco" version of uniforms.  Attracting Frisco would pay dividends down the road as it eventually becomes Dallas North.  The Cowboys have already seen the light along with many others.  Get them feeling like they're a part of the Mean Green Family.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, NT80 said:

It should be every game!  

Mean Green Store on Twitter: "New to the store, just in time to honor  Hayden Fry at the game tomorrow: the Flying Worm polo! #GMG #BeatUTSA  https://t.co/7hehpZYYy1" / X

It's unique and the logo fits perfectly on the helmets.  I am buying that shirt.  I like the SOW eagle.  They should have made it the official logo immediately after the retiring the flying worm uniforms.  But they didn't and coincidentally that period of time saw some of the worse decisions by the athletic department and marketing division at North Texas IMO.  (All those missteps make me put on a tin foil hat and wonder if we had Longhorn loyalist subtly sabotaging our progress.  But it hardly far fetched if you read about our efforts to make "University of North Texas" our name. Link below)  The sports logos used betweethe 1983-2005 were terrible and set our brand recognition back at least 30 years.  The SOW unveiled and adopted in 1988 with name change dropping "state" would have been perfect.   

Next time you run into any UNT Alumni or fan that is rooting for the Longhorns (and they don't have any credentials from UT or immediate family going there) send them this link.

https://blogs.library.unt.edu/unt125/2015/06/22/name-change-unt/

• Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

12 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

1200x0.jpg

E7T68u8VEAUZoDb.jpg

1200x0.jpg

Holgorsen_Dana__2_.JPG

I think, other than color and script, it looks more like UH’s regular uniform than SMU’s but because they are both designed by Nike certain similarities are hard to avoid. You are really stretching here.

color, script, helmet, facemask, non monochromatic... etc.

• Puking Eagle 1