Unis

Hunter Green

55 minutes ago, BBA1989 said:

Houston is stoked about them wearing these Saturday night.  I'd even buy one.  

Every time I glance at those, I think of the team in Park Cities. I understand the connection to the Oilers, but it doesn’t make me think of UH. 

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Every time I glance at those, I think of the team in Park Cities. I understand the connection to the Oilers, but it doesn’t make me think of UH. 

SMU is not the University of Dallas. UH is the University of Houston. SMU was grasping. UH is honoring the Oilers because f’ing Bud Adams family won’t let the Texans do it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

For years they do nothing, now this? 

I didn't know Houston had done anything like this before. Don't really know why it's an issue now. It's a color scheme. I remember there being an issue when ESPN referred Michigan State as the Mean Green due to whatever green jerseys they wore but that's a different issue. I just find this whole color scheme deal a slippery slope. Where does it end? Does it eventually target our helmets and the resemblance with Oregon's helmets?

17 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I didn't know Houston had done anything like this before. Don't really know why it's an issue now. It's a color scheme. I remember there being an issue when ESPN referred Michigan State as the Mean Green due to whatever green jerseys they wore but that's a different issue. I just find this whole color scheme deal a slippery slope. Where does it end? Does it eventually target our helmets and the resemblance with Oregon's helmets?

Probably not. Doesn't Nike do both our uniforms?

24 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Tennessee filed the complaint, saying they want to use the "theme" for their throwbacks. It seems like another case of the Adams family being asses.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

Probably not. Doesn't Nike do both our uniforms?

Nike does the Titans and Houston Cougars uniforms.

25 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Tennessee filed the complaint, saying they want to use the "theme" for their throwbacks. It seems like another case of the Adams family being asses.

Oh for sure they're being asses. I just think it sets a bad precedent if they succeed. Houston didn't use an oil rig on the helmet or have any visible connection to the NFL franchise, just color scheme. What's even more interesting is Rice also wore an Oilers-inspired uniform this year but have been told nothing from the NFL.

15 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Nike does the Titans and Houston Cougars uniforms.

Oh for sure they're being asses. I just think it sets a bad precedent if they succeed. Houston didn't use an oil rig on the helmet or have any visible connection to the NFL franchise, just color scheme. What's even more interesting is Rice also wore an Oilers-inspired uniform this year but have been told nothing from the NFL.

I read the big sticking point is UH put "Houston" on the jerseys. Apparently, using the color scheme AND "Houston" is enough for the NFL to consider it trademark infringement.

• Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Apparently, using the color scheme AND "Houston" is enough for the NFL to consider it trademark infringement.

A new-found revenue stream for the NFL and Titans with new "Oiler" merchandise. 

It's all about protecting the trademarks and $$.

Greed Is Good GIF - Greed Lackofabetterword Good - Discover ...

• Upvote 1