NT vs SMU is going to be the only intra Metroplex game soon!

VideoEagle

Our current annual games against SMU will soon be the only game between DFW area schools. TCU is going to "indefinitely pause" its series with SMU.

Of course, once SMU gets buys their invite to the ACC, who knows! 

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/tcu-horned-frogs/2023/08/16/tcu-pausing-football-series-against-rival-smu-after-2025-season-report-says/

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

I actually imagine we’ll see a lot of these OOC-but-long standing rivalry cessation announcements coming as the realignment landscape continues to erupt.

Yep...games like Georgia vs Georgia Tech, Florida vs Florida State, Iowa vs Iowa State, and Clemson vs South Carolina will probably start being cancelled as the number of conference games increases. 

• Upvote 4

Why I dont like SMU.  One the billboards they place in Denton and the precious visitors to our forum. Two, I was at the SMU game here at DATCU  stadium.   This SMU guy bought a seat on the home side 40 yard line right in front of me.  They were throwing out t-shirts and he made an effort to catch one.   He caught it and instead of giving to one the kids sitting in the area he decides he will throw back on the field.  Who does that?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Pissed 1

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

Why I dont like SMU.  One the billboards they place in Denton and the precious visitors to our forum. Two, I was at the SMU game here at DATCU  stadium.   This SMU guy bought a seat on the home side 40 yard line right in front of me.  They were throwing out t-shirts and he made an effort to catch one.   He caught it and instead of giving to one the kids sitting in the area he decides he will throw back on the field.  Who does that?

Worst group of away fans I’ve encountered. 

• Upvote 5