Tre Siggers commits to UIW

Travis

2 hours ago, Travis said:

What happened?!

He got injured and only played four games, rushing for 229 yards and four touchdowns. SMU got running backs from Miami and Texas A&M in the transfer portal so he likely went elsewhere for playing time.

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

47 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

Alot of these young men are going to find out "The grass isn't always greener on the other side". I have NO sympathy for those who have no loyalty to the school that gave them a chance of a life time...play the chosen game they love and receive a free education.....JMO

What's kind of terrible is there's no second chances. No opportunity to learn and correct. They only get 4-5 years. By the time many of them figure out they messed up, it's too late and their eligibility is out or almost out. The cycle is repeated for each individual player as they're constantly being duped and/or mislead by coaches and family. There's no way for these kids to learn as a whole once and for all that transferring seldom works out until it happens to them. I almost can't blame them because at 18-22 years old, you only know so much and depend on your trusted associates to guide you.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

48 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

What's kind of terrible is there's no second chances. No opportunity to learn and correct. They only get 4-5 years. By the time many of them figure out they messed up, it's too late and their eligibility is out or almost out. The cycle is repeated for each individual player as they're constantly being duped and/or mislead by coaches and family. There's no way for these kids to learn as a whole once and for all that transferring seldom works out until it happens to them. I almost can't blame them because at 18-22 years old, you only know so much and depend on your trusted associates to guide you.

It’s a life lesson.  They may not be able to apply the lesson to college football, but they will have learned from the experience.  

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, RBP79 said:

Alot of these young men are going to find out "The grass isn't always greener on the other side". I have NO sympathy for those who have no loyalty to the school that gave them a chance of a life time...play the chosen game they love and receive a free education.....JMO

Grass is greener sometimes. Ask all them transfers at smu how green the grass is when they're bouncing our heads off the turf. 

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

3 minutes ago, Moobs said:

Never should have left Denton.  

Eh . . . at the time, it made pretty good sense; even though anyone who transfers to SMU is automatically disowned.  He got knocked way down the depth chart here, and he went to SMU to be a clear #2 and got several starts.  He probably would not be one of the top 2 backs here this coming season.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I understand where you are going, but you hit on something that drives me crazy. In many on the same line of communications, we hear the proverbial "18-22-year-olds" are too young and then hear others saying the same people are old enough to decide. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

It’s a life lesson.  They may not be able to apply the lesson to college football, but they will have learned from the experience.  

I agree. It's not the end of the world and it's a lesson that will hopefully serve it's purpose later on in life. I'm not excusing the poor decision, I'm just saying it's a shame the poor judgment results in the end of so many playing careers.

48 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I understand where you are going, but you hit on something that drives me crazy. In many on the same line of communications, we hear the proverbial "18-22-year-olds" are too young and then hear others saying the same people are old enough to decide. 

I think you can be too young to understand the consequences while still being old enough to decide. Frankly there's some who never really learn anyways. Regarding these kids, I have sympathy while also feeling they dug their own hole so it's up to them to learn and figure it out. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Eh . . . at the time, it made pretty good sense; even though anyone who transfers to SMU is automatically disowned.  He got knocked way down the depth chart here, and he went to SMU to be a clear #2 and got several starts.  He probably would not be one of the top 2 backs here this coming season.

The Mustangs have brought in two 5 star and a 4 star running back, he knows he wouldn't have got any playing time. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

He did well for us but we managed to get some very FORTUNEate transfers at RB. It's a very crowded room and he's not likely to get the most snaps.  I think he would have been welcomed as a deputy piece but he's good enough to be a featured back in the right place. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

20 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

He did well for us but we managed to get buy some very FORTUNEate transfers at RB.

FIFY

Please stop acting like you are able to get these players for any reason other than pay-for-play. If SMU could not pay, they would most likely not even consider you—the same as if they could not play. A large portion of SMU's students and Amums would want nothing to do with them if it weren't for sports. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

FIFY

Please stop acting like you are able to get these players for any reason other than pay-for-play. If SMU could not pay, they would most likely not even consider you—the same as if they could not play. A large portion of SMU's students and Amums would want nothing to do with them if it weren't for sports. 

Not exactly. Because we can pay in the same realm as the market rate for their services they will consider us.  Most of our transfers are from DFW originally, which helps the pitch and allows us to match what others might pay but aren't close to momma, don't have relationship with the coach (we loaded up on Miami transfers following Lashlee) or whatever the circumstances might be. 

Surprisingly just blindly throwing money at it ina vacuum is not the best way. See A&M.  Disaster for them.

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 hours ago, DentonStang said:

Not exactly. Because we can pay in the same realm as the market rate for their services they will consider us.  Most of our transfers are from DFW originally, which helps the pitch and allows us to match what others might pay but aren't close to momma, don't have relationship with the coach (we loaded up on Miami transfers following Lashlee) or whatever the circumstances might be. 

Surprisingly just blindly throwing money at it ina vacuum is not the best way. See A&M.  Disaster for them.

douchebag you

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, dodgefan said:

The Mustangs have brought in two 5 star and a 4 star running back, he knows he wouldn't have got any playing time. 

I thought he was just there for the $$, like every player there?   Why would he walk from the payday?

• Upvote 1