Dickey’s available

EagleD

3 hours ago, tmjerm said:

Haha indeed but 4 conference titles and nostalgia sure is.  What he and Justin did at Memphis is too. 

Meh. he won conference titles at 5-7, 8-5, 9-4. and 7-5. 1-3 Bowl games, In that 4 year stretch he won 2 OOC games. 

Maybe there's something there with the success at Memphis... but thats some real mediocre nostalgia.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 4

1 hour ago, meanJewGreen said:

Meh. he won conference titles at 5-7, 8-5, 9-4. and 7-5. 1-3 Bowl games, In that 4 year stretch he won 2 OOC games. 

Maybe there's something there with the success at Memphis... but thats some real mediocre nostalgia.

Well like I said, it’s not gonna happen anyway so moot regardless  

Fuente and Dickey at NT? Helluva reunion story on many fronts. Would be wild if DD convinced Fuente to bring Flanagan in from SMU. Man, I’d be at the 50yd line 1st game no doubt about it. Imagine the insanity that would ensue from the alumni side.

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, meanJewGreen said:

These look a lot closer to Littrell numbers than I thought they would. Of course minus the won championships and bowl win.

I was not a dickey fan, and I don't really see him coming back.

Dickey played three body bag games a year.

Littrell didn't have a true body bag game his whole time here, although he played several games like they were. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

I was not a dickey fan, and I don't really see him coming back.

Dickey played three body bag games a year.

Littrell didn't have a true body bag game his whole time here, although he played several games like they were. 

Huh?

2016: @Florida
2017: @Iowa
2018: @Arkansas (they were terrible & we won!!)
2021: @Mizzou

All of these were away games that were scheduled for a paycheck (re: "bodybag games").    We can cite reasons why Littrell was fired, but revising history isn't really necessary.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Were any of these teams ranked in the top five when we played them? 

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Huh?

2016: @Florida
2017: @Iowa
2018: @Arkansas (they were terrible & we won!!)
2021: @Mizzou

All of these were away games that were scheduled for a paycheck (re: "bodybag games").    We can cite reasons why Littrell was fired, but revising history isn't really necessary.

30 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

No.  Does that matter?    Did UNT not sign a contract with those teams to play them for a paycheck?

Yes, A body game for me was playing a top 10 team at the beginning of the year for warm - up. Like a meat grinder. Regardless Littrell did not have to play teams that tough or that many a year. Not just filling in a slot for a P-5 team. I think all of the games Littrell had were winnable.