SHOW UP!

Cerebus

7 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Bought mine online through their Facebook post! Piece of cake! Delivery thru Fed X at no charge! GMG

Unfortunately my Ticketmaster "account" through the ticket office is locked, and the UNT number it gives me to call and get it unlocked is out of service, and has been for the last year. So I have to do all my business over the phone.

#ThanksRV

• Upvote 2

Today marks an important turning point in the talking points of North Texas.

For years, decades even, one could reasonably and objectively opine on how we received the short-end of the FBS stick whether by our lack of leadership or outside influence. Despite 10-1 and 9-2 seasons, a worse off LaTech would get an Indy Bowl invite because of dumb tie-ins. We lost Fry to that situation. SMU kept us out of of SWC. We foolishly dropped to I-AA. While making modest strides in some* facilities, the RV-era will be forever marked by incompetence and an inability to capitalize on success when it occurred. When was the last time an NCAA appeal went our way?

The baggage from all of that carries.

Now, however, we are faced with a situation we are not used to. By both our inherent merits and positive momentum, trajectory, what-have-you, a bowl committee is going our way. They are placing their faith in us as a school, program, and fan base to show up and show out despite regular season results and an unusual match-up.

It is up to us to reward that faith.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Have him google "heart of dallas first responders".  The link should come up

*And lest anyone think "hey, I'll just pretend I'm a first responder for free tickets" I believe in years past they have checked credentials at the game

Got a question, would Feds qualify? I could get a bunch of guys from several agencies to go. (They all have creds) I'll let my buddy who's a fireman know too. Anything helps on numbers...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

Folks.  We are here because the HoD people wanted us.  They wanted us because of our huge turn out in the last bowl.  If we want them to lobby for us the next time there is more than one team wanting to go, we had better show up this time.

• I know it's a rematch, show up anyway.
  • I know it's not a fun trip, show up anyway.
  • I know it's not a beach getaway, SHOW UP ANYWAY.

Buy tickets, buy extra, go to to the game, drag along other people.  The coaches and team did what they could to build for the future, we need to do the same.  

Having a huge turnout for a 5-7 will not only impress HoD people.  The bowl world is small, other committees will learn about it.  

I Second That (E) Motion!  (Smokey Robinson & the Miracles)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

Got a question, would Feds qualify? I could get a bunch of guys from several agencies to go. (They all have creds) I'll let my buddy who's a fireman know too. Anything helps on numbers...

Just checked, there is a "Federal protect and serve" option on the drop down

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, laxtonto said:

I can't attend this game. Not with me being in SD now with a 1 year old.

That being said is there anything set up so I can buy tickets and donate them to the alumni association or something?

Email Wren Baker or Ryan Peck and they will help you out.  I donated a set of season tickets for basketball this season and they were extremely helpful throughout the process.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

Today marks an important turning point in the talking points of North Texas.

For years, decades even, one could reasonably and objectively opine on how we received the short-end of the FBS stick whether by our lack of leadership or outside influence. Despite 10-1 and 9-2 seasons, a worse off LaTech would get an Indy Bowl invite because of dumb tie-ins. We lost Fry to that situation. SMU kept us out of of SWC. We foolishly dropped to I-AA. While making modest strides in some* facilities, the RV-era will be forever marked by incompetence and an inability to capitalize on success when it occurred. When was the last time an NCAA appeal went out way?

The baggage from all of that carries.

Now, however, we are faced with a situation we are not used to. By both our inherent merits and positive momentum, trajectory, what-have-you, a bowl committee is going our way. They are placing their faith in us as a school, program, and fan base to show up and show out despite regular season results and an unusual match-up.

It is up to us to reward that faith.

I guess I carry a grudge because I'm still pissed with La Tech getting an invite to a bowl after we had slobber-knocked them to the tune of 41 to 7.  I agree....I think Fry started looking soon after all that.

SHOW UP, NORTH TEXAS, AT THIS HOD BOWL GAME!

IMPORTANT POWERS THAT BE FROM ANOTHER INTERESTED CONFERENCE MAKING RE-ALIGNMENT NOISES ARE I'D WAGER A DJ GIG LOOKING AT 4 TEXAS/CUSA SCHOOLS....(maybe even La Tech if they would be interested). 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

Have him google "heart of dallas first responders".  The link should come up

*And lest anyone think "hey, I'll just pretend I'm a first responder for free tickets" I believe in years past they have checked credentials at the game

image.png

To you sir......I raise my glass today for the awesome tip..(coffee cup since I'm on duty today).

Thank you my friend.

Rick

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Are the tickets through the ticket office based on priority points again where you get what they send you? Last time I would've been on the 2nd deck through the ticket office but went through Ticketmaster and was on the UNLV side row 6 at the 46. Very good seats for the same or less money. Yes, I understand it is better for the school for us to purchase through the ticket office.

• Upvote 1