GEARED UP FOR UTSA

djohnnie

16 minutes ago, SAGreenFan said:

I can't find a way to buy tickets through UNT. I've convinced my brother in law and nephew to come to the game, but I want to be with the cool kids.  Do I go through ticket master?

Calling UNT's ticket hotline seems to be the best option.

19 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

any chance ESPN3 will pick up this game at this point? not sure if there will be any other options, and I tried CUSAtv once, which was a disaster.

If you are talking about the Rice game that was squarely on Rice.  It's up to the individual schools to provide the broadcast team, production, and feed.  

19 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

If you are talking about the Rice game that was squarely on Rice.  It's up to the individual schools to provide the broadcast team, production, and feed.  

no... i'm talking UNT/Bethman... it wasn't the school's fault either... this was a streaming problem...

On 10/23/2016 at 0:16 AM, BTG_Fan1 said:

I would love for us to move the UTSA game to the last game of the year.. any older 2nd this?

I would love for this game to be moved to the afternoon, say 2pm.  I think a lot more of us would make it if we could do it as a day trip!

Any of y'all going to be tailgating for this game?

The best place for tailgating is in the Alamodome parking lots.  There are port-o-potties w/ hand wash stations, it's an easy walk to the dome and there is law enforcement around. 

Parking in the Alamodome lots requires a parking pass.  These can sometimes be hard to get because they are generally sold only to the season ticket holders and other athletic boosters.  However, they can be found for sale on places like bestticketsl.com, Craigslist or sometimes guy sell them on RowdyTalk.

RowdyTalk or Besttickets have the best deals.  I saw some on besttickets for under $30.  The ones on RowdyTalk are usually season ticket holders that just can't make the game for some reason or another and don't want them to go to waste.  They usually go for $20-30.  (Face value is $20.)

There are other parking options around the neighborhood in "private" lots.  Usually for $15-20.  I've never heard of anybody having an issue parking in these locations. 

Parking can be done downtown in the garages as well.  It's not a bad walk to the Alamodome from the downtown SA action. 

There are various park and ride options as well.  http://www.viainfo.net/SpecialEvents/UTSA.aspx

Looking forward to a great game!

Edited by UTSA Paratrooper 04
  • Upvote 6

On 10/24/2016 at 10:05 AM, golfingomez said:

any chance ESPN3 will pick up this game at this point? not sure if there will be any other options, and I tried CUSAtv once, which was a disaster.

I know what you're saying. In the future, make sure that you give it a little patience, me living so far away, I rely on this streaming service to watch these games, so I was in full freak out mode for the SMU game and then the CUSA streamed service games issues online. The CUSA service does this thing were you buy the 24 hour pass for 7 bucks and then when you click on the UNT game option, it tells you that you need to have the premium service (paid the 7 bucks) to access the game EVEN WHEN YOU'VE ALREADY PAID IT. What I've found, is waiting until after the game has started and then do all purchasing/opening up the game link/etc... Because trying to start the online streaming before or when the game has just started can be super frustrating and will tell you that you are not allowed access to the game and all that bull crap.

Edited by GreenTexan13

On 10/23/2016 at 9:37 PM, Runner said:

Should be no problem just walk up to the box office and buy the cheapest ticket  and sit with your UNT Brotherens.   Plenty of tickets available  45k open seats. Have a safe trip!

@UTSA Paratrooper 04, @UTSA Fan, @UTSAMarineVet09, and @Runner, do yall not have tough guys in yellow shirts to rough you up if you sit in the wrong section? I'd like to do what @Runner says above but it is important to me to sit with the Green guys and I'm likely too late to go through the NT ticket office. Thanks in advance. I've never been to the Alamodome so I don't exactly know the lay of the land.

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

@UTSA Paratrooper 04, @UTSA Fan, @UTSAMarineVet09, and @Runner, do yall not have tough guys in yellow shirts to rough you up if you sit in the wrong section? I'd like to do what @Runner says above but it is important to me to sit with the Green guys and I'm likely too late to go through the NT ticket office. Thanks in advance. I've never been to the Alamodome so I don't exactly know the lay of the land.

Every entrance from the concourse area to the seats has an attendant.  I've only had someone check my tickets about 3 or 4 times since we started football.  There's a slim chance you will have an issue unless you do something to draw attention to yourself. 

Doesn't hurt to try. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GreenTexan13 said:

I know what you're saying. In the future, make sure that you give it a little patience, me living so far away, I rely on this streaming service to watch these games, so I was in full freak out mode for the SMU game and then the CUSA streamed service games issues online. The CUSA service does this thing were you buy the 24 hour pass for 7 bucks and then when you click on the UNT game option, it tells you that you need to have the premium service (paid the 7 bucks) to access the game EVEN WHEN YOU'VE ALREADY PAID IT. What I've found, is waiting until after the game has started and then do all purchasing/opening up the game link/etc... Because trying to start the online streaming before or when the game has just started can be super frustrating and will tell you that you are not allowed access to the game and all that bull crap.

I had a similar problem.  I paid for the 24-hour pass, but I could not access the game.  I sent an email to support and got a reply right away.  The solution was to log out and then log back in.  After that everything worked. 

10 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

i didnt see a response?? what did he say?  I am in the same boat!

Every entrance from the concourse area to the seats has an attendant.  I've only had someone check my tickets about 3 or 4 times since we started football.  There's a slim chance you will have an issue unless you do something to draw attention to yourself. 

Doesn't hurt to try. 

(It was included in the quote box)

• Upvote 1

We'll be there.  First road game for me since the 70+ point drubbing at Rice under Dodge (excluding games @ SMU).  Looking forward this one.  Called the UNT ticket office this morning and was told we sold out our allotment and to call UTSA to purchase and to request section 138.  Looking forward to a good weekend in SA and a win! 

Edited by UNTX
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UNTX said:

We'll be there.  First road game for me since the 70+ point drubbing at Rice under Dodge (excluding games @ SMU).  Looking forward this one.  Called the UNT ticket office this morning and was told we sold out our allotment and to call UTSA to purchase and to request section 138.  Looking forward to a good weekend in SA and a win! 

Well obviously since tho are alternative home games. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 7:26 PM, VideoEagle said:

Mister Connected. Do you have a Mosaic browser as well? Opera? 

Opera? Once saw "The Marriage of Figaro" at Dallas Music Hall when I was once connected to a TWU music major.  Had a tuxedo on & everything, but took a nice nap during the production.  Now if it had been the Grand Ole Opry a different story.  Yeah, I'm probably more a hillbilly than a social climbing socialite type alright, but can play the part of whatever the environment. too. I digress...(as usual).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2