GEARED UP FOR UTSA

djohnnie

w

12 hours ago, UNTX said:

We'll be there.  First road game for me since the 70+ point drubbing at Rice under Dodge (excluding games @ SMU).  Looking forward this one.  Called the UNT ticket office this morning and was told we sold out our allotment and to call UTSA to purchase and to request section 138.  Looking forward to a good weekend in SA and a win! 

how many tickets were given by UTSA, just curious if we sold it out?

5 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Opera? Once saw "The Marriage of Figaro" at Dallas Music Hall when I was once connected to a TWU music major.  Had a tuxedo on & everything, but took a nice nap during the production.  Now if it had been the Grand Ole Opry a different story.  Yeah, I'm probably more a hillbilly than a social climbing socialite type alright, but can play the part of whatever the environment. too. I digress...(as usual).

GMG!

rich-monopoly-man.jpg

• Upvote 1

I heard that the UTSA tickets did not even come in until earlier this week, so I think they sent tickets based on our orders up to that time. Ticket sales through our ticket office were low, but the alumni tailgate is over-booked at 250+ versus capacity of 200. Those numbers plus the band will add up to a decent UNT crowd.

On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 0:10 PM, Cr1028 said:

@UTSA Paratrooper 04, @UTSA Fan, @UTSAMarineVet09, and @Runner, do yall not have tough guys in yellow shirts to rough you up if you sit in the wrong section? I'd like to do what @Runner says above but it is important to me to sit with the Green guys and I'm likely too late to go through the NT ticket office. Thanks in advance. I've never been to the Alamodome so I don't exactly know the lay of the land.

I don't know. My seats are by the luxury boxes so I have been asked a couple times, but my impression is it would be easy to move. With the third level closed, I think the capacity is about 35k, so there should be open seats.

Anybody on here going to communicate via the board? I'd like to meet some of you. I have a wife and little girl, so if it's going to be obnoxious I will pass.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GangGreen said:

Yucky.

The very word I used when I was told "you will be going to the opera with me."   :huh:

Honestly, like I'm sure many of you, I have a very eclectic taste of music but an entire presentation sung in 'eye-talian is a bit much for me albeit...I once sang in an a capella choir of which Russia composer  Pavel Tchesnokov's "Salvation Is Created" was a favorite & we sung it in Russian.   Many Texas public schools HS choirs have probably covered that song at some point in their HS choir experiences. (1'st tenors get to fly to the moon with that piece a la Roy Orbison).

I'm getting older & I'm sure doing a lot more looking back of late, but when there is more behind than in front I suppose one tends to do that.

North Texas Mean Green football has been a big part of many of our lives.  I hope this season is one day looked back as a pivotal year "when North Texas began its march to being an annual Top 25 poll fixture."  Like the guy in O Brother Where Art Thou said...... "you ain't no kind of man if you don't have land."   Well, we won't be what many of us think North Texas should be if we don't have Top 25 real estate in our future Falls like Boise State had for a number of years under about 6 head football coaches. 

Just more ramblin' while I have Friday &  BEAT-UTSA on my mind!:omg:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

The very word I used when I was told "you will be going to the opera with me."   :huh:

Honestly, like I'm sure many of you, I have a very eclectic taste of music but an entire presentation sung in 'eye-talian is a bit much for me albeit...I once sang in an a capella choir of which Russia composer  Pavel Tchesnokov's "Salvation Is Created" was a favorite & we sung it in Russian.   Many Texas public schools HS choirs have probably covered that song at some point in their HS choir experiences. (1'st tenors get to fly to the moon with that piece a la Roy Orbison).

I'm getting older & I'm sure doing a lot more looking back of late, but when there is more behind than in front I suppose one tends to do that.

North Texas Mean Green football has been a big part of many of our lives.  I hope this season is one day looked back as a pivotal year "when North Texas began its march to being an annual Top 25 poll fixture."  Like the guy in O Brother Where Art Thou said...... "you ain't no kind of man if you don't have land."   Well, we won't be what many of us think North Texas should be if we don't have Top 25 real estate in our future Falls like Boise State had for a number of years under about 6 head football coaches. 

Just more ramblin' while I have Friday &  BEAT-UTSA on my mind!:omg:

GMG!

You missed my point. I got an ugly visual of you being "connected" to a girl while watching Figaro. 

Edited by GangGreen
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, UTSA Fan said:

I don't know. My seats are by the luxury boxes so I have been asked a couple times, but my impression is it would be easy to move. With the third level closed, I think the capacity is about 35k, so there should be open seats.

Anybody on here going to communicate via the board? I'd like to meet some of you. I have a wife and little girl, so if it's going to be obnoxious I will pass.

I will be there with my wife and 3 and 5 year old sons so no obnoxiousness here. Likely won't be on the board while I'm down there though.

11 hours ago, GangGreen said:

You missed my point. I got an ugly visual of you being "connected" to a girl while watching Figaro. 

Tjhat was an ugly visual!  LOL! but......no sex inside Fair Park Music Hall was allowed.:omg:

. She was one of TWU's prettiest, though.  So I guess.....  "I Loved Em' Every One."  (T.G. Sheppard)  No, I really wasn't "THAT" busy, really.

T.G. Sjheppard sang hit big hit "Party Girl" in 1981 at the Cotton Bowl Stadium when North Texas hosted the OSU Cowboys.  What a forgettable day that was for many of us on GMG.com   Some funny stories about that season and that game.

Also performing that day was country comedian Elmer Phud-pucker who was a real hoot!  (NOT)!   Country Music Hall of Famer Kitty Wells sang "It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels."  And Carl Perkins sang the hit he wrote for Elvis: "Blue Suede Shoes."

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 1