How Many MORE Games Do You Expect To Win?

Cerebus

How many MORE wins do you expect this season?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. How many MORE wins do you expect this season?

2 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

I think we could win against either UTEP or UTSA (or both).

This.  Before the season, I thought Army.  However, their defense looks to be really good giving up 13, 14, 14, and 23 to start the season 3-1. 

The most impressive part to their 3-1 start to me is that they've played three of their first four on the road.  They only have five home games on their schedule this year.  Guess their AD sucks, huh?

Guys, they are traveling to San Antonio to play Notre Dame on November 12:  http://www.notredametravel.com/football/army/

So, AD gives up a home game to go play Notre Dame in San Antonio.

Again...why are some here against playing a big name opponent if it would mean doing so at JerryWorld?  JerryWorld is up the road a piece.  Army is going halfway across the country to play a neutral field game in what we call, rightly or wrongly, "The Alamo City."

Edited by MeanGreenMailbox
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

I picked 2.  I agree wholeheartedly with this ranking:

54 minutes ago, @UNTSportsFan said:

My Rank of difficulty : 

1- @UTSA

2- @UTEP

3- Marshall 

4- @ ARMY 

5- La Tech 

6- Southern Miss 

7- @ WKU 

I think we might be about even with UTSA, UTEP's probably a little better than us.  But we should at least win one of those 2, so that plus stealing one other somewhere like we did at Rice will get us 2 more.

I think I picked us to win 3 at the beginning of the year, so I have no right to complain if we win 4.

• Upvote 2

I expect them to show up to every game with their "I didn't come here to lose" t-shirts on under their jerseys. 

So my expectation is that they win all seven remaining games. 

I may sound delusional, but I'm sick to death of the word "realistically". It's become our rationalization word for underachieving.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

21 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

But all those teams have wins.  We have yet to show that we can beat a team with any wins.

Get what you're saying but Marshall's only win is against an FCS team. Had Rice played an FCS team to start off the year, they would probably have at least 1 win as well. Instead, Rice started off against Western Kentucky, Army, Baylor, us, and Southern Miss. Not sure our record would be any different had we played those teams to start off the season. By season's end, we will be better, but to start off? We would probably be 0-5 or 1-4 too (win against Rice). 

Marshall is better than their record indicates though...

• Upvote 1

I think two more wins to go 4-8. Before the season I thought 2 to maybe 3 was our best chance but we appear to be a little better this year than expected and some in CUSA seem to be a little worse. Since the professionals who cover CUSA teams for a living thought we'd only have two wins all year at best, we are ahead in our rebuilding. 

• Upvote 1