UNT Football Creates Kickstarter for New “Stone Cold” Steve Austin Statue

"When asked why the program had decided to use Kickstarter as a means to raise the funds Litrell responded, “Apparently all the liberal artsy kids got their skinny jeans in a wad when the athletic fee increased by $1 per credit hour a few years back, so we didn’t want to go that route. And since nobody pays money to see us play we couldn’t go that route either."

Wow, that's a pretty nice little tirade for a guy who just got here. Sounds like he must read this board.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

32 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Yes, when I think of the great NT players of yesteryear, I immediately think of Steve Austin.

Well he played some as backup linebacker.   Apparently, his talent laid elsewhere.  As bad as professional wrestling is, it takes a certain kind of athlete to put on a show while participating in a very dangerous farce.   

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Well he played some as backup linebacker.   Apparently, his talent laid elsewhere.  As bad as professional wrestling is, it takes a certain kind of athlete to put on a show while participating in a very dangerous farce.   

He played DE. At least that was the position he played in the 86 TCU game that we won. He recovered one of the six fumbles that we recovered that day. 

Yeah, he's done soooo much for this University since he left and became famous. I could see why a statue would be in the works............................................hmmm, I can't seem to find an adequate sarcasm emoticon.

How did anyone fall for this? Did you read who the story was written by? Steven Williams? Does that name not strike you as the real name of a certain Texas Rattlesnake?

MGMA000123-still_hires.jpg I gotta watch you Mr. Munson.

22 hours ago, DancinRick69 said:

Give it up for my man DancinRick.

QGm1CP.gif

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1