Here is the reality of our situation (long)

Harry

Harry tries to be the voice of calm and reason. Thread devolves into $50 bets on back alley brawls.

Nah! Harry's just a good entrepreneur. He plans to sell tourniquets, bandages and crutches in the alley!

• Upvote 7

Dude runs his shit talker too much. I am well documented on here about being critical of this team, coach and administration. I don't attack people on here because that's not why I'm here. That's seemingly 50% of what that guy does. If he has the cahonies he can verbally attack me with his index card and that'll be a wrap. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 11

To some, this may not mean jack, however, to those that know me, this may point to the gravity of our situation.

I have been following NT Football for 18 years now.  In that time, I have only missed 3 home games; Simon's last game miracle comeback against NMSUcks, the 2001 South Florida game which I caught on TV in a sports bar in San Antonio, and last year's Southern Miss game due to work.  I have had season tickets since 2005.  For the past 8 seasons, I have actually set up my work schedule so I can go to the games.  That includes 5 years where I worked 16, 12, and 12 hour shifts.  Even this year, I am taking 3 vacation days around my regular 4 days off to attend bonfire, the Homecoming game, and then the WKU game on Thursday night.  I have traveled to countless road games, and then turned around and come back after the game.  I drove down a 2 lane highway in driving rain in the middle of nowhere in Arkansas, to get to the ASU game at halftime.  I was on the bus to NMSUcks in 2001 to witness the Miracle in the Desert.  I danced on Texas Tech's 50 yard line after we won there.  I went to all 4 NoB and the HoD bowls.  I sat with Emmitt in a Buffalo Wild Wings in Uptown Dallas where we logged into a crappy internet feed to watch a road game with ASU.  I sat in Fouts through rain, sleet, and freaking hurricane force rain/wind.  In school, I helped build Bonfires, and ran the flag in front of the team on many occasions.

That said, I'm borderline checking out on this thing.

Can someone please send this post to the UNT Prez?

Wow, this thing here, this thread, is the whole range of emotions.  See, call me crazy, but that's what I find lacking while watching Mackeyball, is just the lack of much to get excited about.  When we've won, it's been by a blowout, or a successful execution of small ball.  When we've lost, we've played so badly that by the end of the first quarter everybody in the stadium knows we're losing but McCarney.  I guess what I'm trying to say is "where's the passion?"

And hell, I've never even met Rudy face to face, but right now, would maybe give him a man hug if that's what he needs, or even a whichwich. 

• Upvote 5

To sum up. CBL is still talking shit from the east coast. Ben Gooding is doing Ben Gooding type things. Munthe is (still) running his mouth and now GMG24 seems to be threatening to ruin a GMG.com game this year. All of this is being egged on by AAUNT. 

This might be a good time to hit the eject button on this thread @Harry, at least that's my opinion.

Cougar Queen is too busy trying to find something to beach about since his team is so solid this year.  You know once you go negative you never go back.

Rudy no checking out allowed.  I am living overseas now and wear my jersey out on game day which is Sunday overseas.  If I am in China I can't even get KNTU or any stations to listen to due to being in, ,well you know where.  I will eventually find my way to the internet only to find out we got blown out by mass a weapon of mass destruction called SMU. Yeah it suxs, but what doesn't suck is the Mean Green across my chest and beer in hand showing my colors to people who have no idea what I am doing proudly.

Now can I get an Amen.  Suit up yell like hell for us to beat Portland State and wait for the axe to fall on this regime - RV and MAC.  There are Greener days ahead.

GMG

• Upvote 2

The secret ingredient in the green kool-aid is Prozac

if you really want some game day green kool-aid try this:

1 part Midori (don't go generic)

1 part coconut rum (brand doesn't matter)

2 parts pineapple juice.

Yes, it's more of a chick drink and I usually just taste the drinks I make for AoM (and occasionally finish one-no alcohol abuse allowed), but it is green, sweet like kool-aid, and has enough alcohol to make being a Mean Green fan easier.

I want to see Ryan "The Mauler" Munthe vs. Ben "The Bonebreaker" Gooding go toe to toe.

Winner gets a $1,500 purse.... (not a handbag) 

Will post the GoFundMe in just a bit

Well then...

I challenge Coffee and Tea to a steel cage death match. FFR will be in my corner while CBL takes a sabbatical from the hippy compound to be in C &T's corner. The ref? We don't need no stinking ref. it's a steel cage match, mofos!

All prize money will be donated to charity. Coffee has already confirmed his charity of choice is the Save the Feral Cats of Apogee Foundation. Mine, of course, is the Barry Goldwater for President 2016 fund (our campaign slogan is "Dig him up, Prop him up. Can't do no worse."). 

I tried to get Coffee to combine both contributions and give them to the UNT Needs To Pay A Five Star Quarterback Foundation, but he said he is done with UNT football until they fire RV and learn how to schedule football games. 

Who knew?...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4

Save the Ferel Cats of Apogee Foundation.

Is that still a thing?  I remember during the spring game in 2012, the kid and I walked up the wing zone, and the steps were covered in feral cat droppings.  Except this wasn't no Morris the Feral Cat.  These things were probably more bobcat sized.  I never heard anyone speak of it or saw anyone else write of it.

No, and i have never gone potty at the ground floor at apogee. So there.

Rudy's real name is brian, and he is the epitamy of great fan.

Please stop trying to unmask our mascots. This is what happens if you do.

tumblr_lsk7d0eybW1qasthro1_1280.jpg

• Upvote 1

Is that still a thing?  I remember during the spring game in 2012, the kid and I walked up the wing zone, and the steps were covered in feral cat droppings.  Except this wasn't no Morris the Feral Cat.  These things were probably more bobcat sized.  I never heard anyone speak of it or saw anyone else write of it.

they have feral cat houses at our tailgate site. 

When you build them a "house" and feed them, they aren't feral cats.

But whatevs

• Upvote 1