SMU Ticket Sales Update

James329

7 still feels low to me, but I guess, realism...

look at it this way...  When is the last time we had an opponent bring 7k fans to Apogee?  Houston?  Or has that even happened?  I would love to know the average number of opposing team fans we have averaged and the biggest visitor section we have had since opening the stadium.  7k opposing fans could get us to 30k in the right conditions.

That's what makes our series with SMU so potentially advantageous for both schools...real fan turnout.

^

The smut fans will realize we are to be taken serious when a sea of green overtakes their stadium. Another reason as to why this is a must win for the good guys. My bet is that some freshmen students will be making this trip as well as casuals from the metroplex. We have to win to keep their interest. It's a must win game. I can't emphasize it enough. 

• Upvote 4

That's what makes our series with SMU so potentially advantageous for both schools...real fan turnout.

I hope this last season @ Apogee wasn't a representation of SMU's  "real" fan turnout. Does anyone know how many of their fans traveled to Fort Worth the last time their rivalry game with TCU was played @ Amon Carter?

Our largest turnout ever at Fouts in it's original capacity of 20.5K was the 1990 SMU game, when it was SRO at over 22K (not bad for an underfunded 1-'AA school). I don't remember hearing how many fans SMU brought to that game. 

The largest number of NT fans I've ever seen travel to a game was the 1988 Texas game, when we supposedly took 10K down there. Once again, not bad for an underfunded 1-AA school. 

The second largest was our recent game @ Houston. I don't know what the official count was, but it looked like somewhere between 5 & 10K. Something that I doubt Houston will never see repeated by any of their current conference mates.

I hope this last season @ Apogee wasn't a representation of SMU's  "real" fan turnout. Does anyone know how many of their fans traveled to Fort Worth the last time their rivalry game with TCU was played @ Amon Carter?

Our largest turnout ever at Fouts in it's original capacity of 20.5K was the 1990 SMU game, when it was SRO at over 22K (not bad for an underfunded 1-'AA school). I don't remember hearing how many fans SMU brought to that game. 

The largest number of NT fans I've ever seen travel to a game was the 1988 Texas game, when we supposedly took 10K down there. Once again, not bad for an underfunded 1-AA school. 

The second largest was our recent game @ Houston. I don't know what the official count was, but it looked like somewhere between 5 & 10K. Something that I doubt Houston will never see repeated by any of their current conference mates.

Silver, I attended that game against Texas and I say that 10K number is very accurate.  I was across the field so I had a good view of the Mean Green faithful, not to mention those scattered throughout the stadium like I was.

I'd guess that there are more DFW Alum that live closer to SMU's stadium than Apogee way up in Denton.  We live in East Plano, so this game is a ton easier to get to for us .. looking forward to it.

LOL! I live in Carrollton and that puts me about the same distance to either stadium however it is "easier" to get to SMU's stadium.

LOL! I live in Carrollton and that puts me about the same distance to either stadium however it is "easier" to get to SMU's stadium.

But, it isn't easier to find a place to park once you get there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

But, it isn't easier to find a place to park once you get there. 

That's why my group is taking DART.

35E is just a huge nightmare right now.  They are closing various lanes all along 35E at night and it just messes things up.  I'll be taking 380 all season long from the DNT.